Part Twenty-Three

I held back my tears while driving Minseo down to CaryTown. The fact that I was even thinking about crying bothered me even more because I'm not supposed to be the one crying. Minseo should be the one in tears right now.

How much of an idiot am I? What made me think that Namjoon would be causally single on a sugar daddy website. The two of us sat in silence until I parked in front of Namjoon's store.

I had an uneasy knot in my stomach, my palms became sweaty, and my knuckles tensely wrapped around the steering wheel with anxiety.

Minseo: You're not good at not crying kid.

Me: *sniffling* Sorry.

Minseo: Did he really never mention me at all?

Me: No, sorry.

Minseo: Quit apologizing kid.

Me: Sor-...I'll just shut up.

Minseo: I feel bad about going off on you. You're sweeter than I thought you would be.

Me: I just don't get it. I've been to his house...

Minseo: He doesn't live in that place. He lives with me, we have an penthouse in the city.

Me: But that doesn't explain how I spent a whole break there without a sight of you.

Minseo: He told me he was away on business for the last month. I found out that was a lie through Sean. And this morning I went there and found this picture of you inside the folder he kept the poems he wrote for me in highschool.

Me: Those were for you?

Minseo: Every Friday when I opened my locker, there was one sitting on top of my AP Gov book.

Me: This isn't possible.

Minseo: Yes. It is. He lied to you kid. And to me.

She took off the large diamond ring over her finger, rolled down the window, and threw it out into the streets.

Minseo: That's why we're going to go in there a tell him off.

Me: I really don't want to see him right now, can I just let Sejoo get you and go home?

Minseo: Do you think this is easy for me? To be make chummy with my husband's mistress that fell for him? Who turns out to be some naîve little college freshman who believes in Twlight romances?

Me: I hated twilight...

Minseo: I don't care. This fucking hurts my heart because someone who promised me to love me until death did us part completely betrayed my trust. But you know what?

Me:

Minseo: Here I am, with my head up, ready to defend myself against his bullshit. I don't believe you're a weak person, are you?

Me: I'm not.

Minseo: Then get it together. Being strong means you don't let anyone, ever walk over you.

Me: I'm strong, but not in that sense. Please I just want to go-

Minseo: No. He fucked both of us, he answers to both of us. Don't let him think you can be walked over and lied to.

Me: He just...didn't seem like someone who would walk over and lie to me.

Minseo: *sigh* I thought so too kid. Now get out of the car.

Minseo walk inside the store with confidence and fire. I walked inside slowly after her. I don't feel angry, I feel embarrassed. I don't know how Minseo could be so fierce in a situation like this.