Chapter 21

Sierra's POV

Sitting in front of me was the one person in this world i didnt want to see ever again. There was this certain part of me that wanted to see him and there was the bigger part of me screaming at me to run for the hills, I would have done that 2 years ago but not today. Plus im sure he wouldnt know who I am, he couldn't see the last time we met and i doubt he would know it was his naive maid his mother employed to help him do everything. Immediately realising that he could see, i quickly put my hands around my neck to feel for my favourite necklace and it wasnt there. Thanking the heavens i didnt wear it today, i dropped my hands down to my sides. Green eyes staring into brown ones, deciding to forfeit this unintentional staring contest I shifted my eyes towards Rose signalling her to ask her what was happening but he beat me to it.

"Are you perhaps the manager?" Trying to clear my throat and find my voice that was lost somewhere within me i spoke up trying as much as possible not to sound familiar.

"Yes sir, I am. Did they make any sort of mistake?" Signalling my hands towards the waiters.

"Well they messed up the orders and tried to play 'we were the ones who werent specific about our needs' card." An older looking man said.

I looked puzzedly at Lisa, secretly raising my eyebrows up to know if what they were saying was true. I doubt they would make that kind of mistake as they were the best of the best here. But you know what they say the customer is always right.

"Im so sorry sir, i will take your orders myself and get you new waiters if you dont mind and your beverages will be on the house." I tried to politely smile at all of them. Bringing my P.A persona into the mix.

"We dont need new waiters, you can serve us yes?" One of the men who was sitted around the table that had been quiet all along spoke up with a stupid smile plastered on his face. He had a funny accent to his tone.

I scoffed inwardly, what did he think this place was, a brothel? I looked over at him to see what he would say, to see if he would stop whatever was unfolding but he just kept looking at me like he was trying to crack a case.

"Of course sir, I would serve you with the help of one of these young ladies here but first you have to put in your orders." I tried to sound professional enough.

"Lisa, Rose, jennie? Please take back whatever is on the table to the kitchen as this wasnt what was ordered by the gents." I told them quickly and made them hurry off and then i got down to the business of taking orders, being attentive to every detail they said. There were 6 men sitted around the table but I was sure Gabriel was the one who headed this meeting as he was the one sitted at the head, he hadnt said a word since he asked me if i was the one who was the manager. I was about to take his order and i was praying he hadn't recognised my voice yet. I hope he didnt but then again i wasnt even that special for him to recognise me that easily.

"What would you be having sir?" He looked at me with those green eyes and i felt my composure crumble. Why did he have to affect me this way? I thought after this much time had gone it wouldnt be the same but i was wrong i still liked him even if i denied it with my brain, my heart said otherwise and that made me scared. But all in all I was so happy for him that his surgery went well and he got back to his old life again. A life i knew i would never belong in.

"Im sorry but this might sound a bit crude but do i perhaps know you?" My eyes were about to pop out from its sockets deciding to compose myself unless everything would be revealed here and now and blatantly denied.

"I don't think we have sir. New york is a big city its hardly possible for you to have seen me before." I replied.

With a nod of his head he went straight ahead telling me what he would have, looking quite unconvinced of whatever i just said.