Kamado Tanjiro |Where he Belongs

Requested by ModestRune

The sun was already setting, just in time as Tanjiro returned back to the headquarters after a long and hard mission. His last mission was physically exhausting than usual, and mentally to add.

He had to kill a family of demons, seeing them all together seems to have affected him somehow, He only had Nezuko, but what if he can't turn Nezuko back to a human, where will they go? 

The demon slayer corps wouldn't always be welcoming to them, finding a place that would accept him and Nezuko is as hard as finding a cure for her. The world is big yet finding a place where to belong is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Dragging his heavy body inside the house, he was taken aback to be welcomed with a delicious smell of food. finding his way on the kitchen he found a bowl of soup along with a bread, a smile finding it's way to his lips as he read the letter attached next to the bowl.

'Eat and rest'

After eating the food, he look throughout the house to search for you, only to find you on the roof, eyes close and really concentrating, he could tell you were super focus on your breathing. not wanting to disturb you, he silently watch on the side but a second later you opened your eyes and stare at him.

"sorry, did I disturb you?" he sleepily asked, scratching the back of his head.

"of course not, you're never a bother" you said smiling at him making his heart jump a little.

"aren't you cold?" he asked as he slump on the ground next to her.

"no, but are you okay? you look like you've been beaten up" you worriedly asked after looking at his bandage body, even his forehead had a small bandage.

"Yeah" he answered rather cheerfully, but his eyes tells otherwise, seeing this you adjusted your seating position comfortably.

"Are you tired? Rest your head on my lap if you'd like" you offered as you pat your lap for him to rest on.

"If you don't mind" he muttered a slight blush on his face as he collapse on your lap.

rather than feeling comfortably, you were stiff, having Tanjiro so near you was bad for your heart. you could practically hear your heart jumping in joy from being close to him. 

"are you okay (Y/N)-chan? if your uncomfortable I could move" 

"what no!... I mean, just rest, I'll be okay" you said a blush on your face as you keep staring straight not daring to look down on him. after a while, after getting used to the feeling, your hand move on to his hair to play with it. a wide and content grin plastered on your face.

"Thank you (Y/N)-chan" he muttered his eyes barely open.

"what for?" you asked 

"for everything.."he muttered then close his eyes, his body completely relaxing on your touch.

And soon he was off to dreamland, For the first time again after a long time, Tanjiro feel at ease. The familiar warmth coming from you that he was feeling was enough to make him feel at home.

Tanjiro always thought that he was a puzzle piece, he was needed but he definitely don't belong in there, he just can't fit anywhere especially when people would judge him and her sister. not a lot of people welcomed them, if it wasn't for Giyu, Oyakata-sama and Urokodaki, he and Nezuko would surely had been kick out of the demon slayer corps. 

But now that he was in your lap, your presence surrounding him, your smell comforting him.

He definitely had found where he belongs. 

~*~

It's short but I hope you like it~