Epilogue

*5 years later *

" So , are you excited to go back ?" Logan asks over the phone, while I put my sweater into a box.

It's been a whirlwind these last 5 years. Logan and I have grown closer to God and eachother more than ever and we even made some new friends too. Liz is of course my bestest girl friend out of them all , but that's only cause we're roomies so it's an added bonus. And then Logan made some cool guy friends in his engineering class - non gang related this time - and they've become some really great friends of mine too. These last 5 years went by in a blink of an eye and I enjoyed every second of it.

I was glad to be able to go home again and just be ... me. After graduation last week  and we all got out degrees - well me having another 3 years I want to finish in Georgia - it was nice to head back home. Logan of course told me the exact same thing that Liz did ; that I didn't NEED those extra three years but of course my mind was already made up. On the bright side they DID however manage to persuade me to do it back home and by now Tyler and Jake would be studying there too so I won't be completely alone.

These last five years was... definitely one for the books.

"Are you kidding me !? Of course! I could practically TASTE my mother's Pot pie already. " I yelled into the phone.

"Yeah and my mom's Apple pie. " he said probably drooling into the phone.

"Hey , are you even packing?" I said putting my hands on my hips as if he could see them.

"What?  Uh - Yeah,  yeah ." He said while I heard shuffling on the other end of the line making me laugh.

"Yeah , I thought so." I said closing my first box . " one down , a billion more to go." I thought out loud with a sigh. I had a lot of work to do.

****
"You sure you wanna do this ? I mean we JUST got back ?" I said while we both pulled up into my driveway.

"Of course I'm sure Amaya. What kind of Pastor will I be one day if I can't even share my own testimony? "

"Well in that case , I support you 100% " I said hanging up and getting out to give him a hug .

"Amaya !" My mom said running out.

"Logan!" Melody said following closely behind my mom. She looked a lot better now that her cancer was all gone. She even had a youthful glow to her.

"Wow ! Look at your hair ! You've changed so much!" My mom said pulling me into a hug.

"Not that much mom." I said with a smile as the rest of the gang came out of the house.

Dad , Aunt Tanya and Shawn all pulled Logan and I into a group hug with our mother's hugging from behind.

"Thank you Lord." My dad said aloud as everyone joined into the laughter.

"Glad to see you didn't go all Cali on me Blondi. Although... I don't see a surfboard yet." Shawn said teasing .

"Oh yeah ? Well you definitely changed a lot. Are you , growing a beard?  How long has that been there ?" I said playfully shoving him back.

"Touché ." He said laughing while we all sat around one table again. It was good,  very good to be back with all the people I love the most in the world 

****
"Hi everyone,  I'm Logan. And I first want to thank Pastor Mike for giving me this opportunity to talk to you all. " Logan said a little nervous while I gave him a thumbs up from the crowd. I watched as he took a deep breath before he got comfortable and continued.