42.

Ryan

It's been a few days since Dave brought up the whole eloping situation and I found myself standing in the court house with him getting ready to tie the knot. I know my mom and dad wouldn't be happy that I made this decision but Dave was right. It wasn't about them or their wants, its about us.
"Do you David take Ryan as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" the priest asked.
"I do." babe said holding my hands as we stood across from each other.
"Ryan you take David as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"
"I do."
"In the power invested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." Once he said that we leaned in and kissed. I was now Mrs. David Brewster and it felt like a dream. We walked out the court house hand and hand. We got inside the car and looked at each other. "We're married." he said with a smile. This was a big ass step for us so I could only hope we can do things right this time.
"Babe now how are we gonna break the news to our family?" I asked looking at the side of his face while he drove. "Ima tell my side and we can both tell your moms and step pops." I nodded cause that sounded way easier than my suggestion. "okay, but babe. Eventually I would wanna do the big extravagant wedding." He looked over at me with this big goofy grin,"Ryan I'm already knowing."
Kairi was with Miss Pam , I wasn't sure what lie Dave told her but I wasn't gonna even ask. When we pulled up in her driveway, we took our rings off before heading towards the door. Babe used the spare key he had to unlock the door and it was fairly quiet in the house until we made it to the den, there Kairi was crawling all over Miss Pam. I quickly snapped a picture as I chuckled at the sight.
Once Kairi realized that we were here she quickly got down and ran towards us, and knowing she's a daddy's girl she went to Dave first. He picked her up kissing her all over her face as she giggled. One thing I could never take away from him is that he's a damn good father, even when I was putting my feelings before what's best for her he still made an effort. Part of me feels like I want another baby but after the miscarriage a few months ago I've been hesitant. I recently got on birth control a few weeks back and my emotions have been a roller coaster. Not only that I've started gaining hella weight, and that was one of the side effects but damn I didn't think it would actually happen. I sat on the couch with Kairi in my arms as Dave talked to his moms.
"Ma? There's something Ryan and I need to tell you." He started off which instantly made her nervous. "We're married." I said quietly with a nervous smile. "David Brewster.. you're not serious!" she said with the biggest grin as she got up and damn near knocked me off my feet. She embraced me and whispered in my ear only loud enough for me to hear,"Welcome to the family, I love you like a daughter and no matter what happens between you and my son I'll always love you. And my grand baby of course." she had tears in her eyes as I told her I loved her back and that I thank her for everything she's done since coming back around. She wanted us to stay a little bit longer so her and Dave could talk so I sat on the couch with Kairi and I posted the picture of her and Miss Pam.

 She wanted us to stay a little bit longer so her and Dave could talk so I sat on the couch with Kairi and I posted the picture of her and Miss Pam

@RyanDestiny : days with grandma 💘

Then I heard my name being called from the kitchen, I turned on cartoons for Kai and made my way in there. "I called you in here because Dave said you guys were planning Kairi's 2nd birthday. Have y'all decided on anything?" I shook my head no, because nothing was official but I did have a few ideas. "Maybe we could do this indoor playground for the kids, cause for her first birthday we didn't go all out so I wanna do something big for this one." I said . She nodded her head in agreement , and Dave smiled. I'm sure he's just happy me and his mom are so close unlike me and his grandma but I do love her as well. We stayed for a little bit longer before heading back to my house. We haven't even discussed the living arrangements yet and we're married. My mama was living with me and Kai part time just to help out , but I'm sure now she could go back to her home she shared with Dominic. "Give me a couple of days to tell my mama, it'll be easier with it just being me. You know? So when she's back at her house I'll let you know and maybe you could move in with us?"
He looked at me and hesitated before nodding,"yeah that's fine. But I wanna know if Kairi could stay wit me tonight?" I looked in the backseat and saw her with a smile plastered on her face. "Yeah she can, lemme go get her clothes. Y'all can come in." I said as he got out and helped Kai our her seat. We both walked inside the house and my mom was in the kitchen on the phone. I told her Kairi was going with Dave and she nodded kissing Kai on the cheek. I got her little suitcase packed for the night with everything she would need. Once all her stuff was ready we all walked to his car and said our goodbyes. "Be a good girl for daddy okay?"  I said ruffling her curls and kissing her on the cheek. She nodded reaching for a hug, I chuckled and gave her a hug. "Love you stinka butt." I reverted my attention to my fine ass husband,"call me when y'all make it."
"I gotchu, I love you." He said pecking me on the lips. "I love you more." I looked in his eyes then quickly shook my head to rid my mind of the nasty thoughts I had.
I watched as they left, once they were out of sight I went back inside the house.
By this time my mom was off the phone,"park it." She instructed telling me to sit at the table.
"What's going on with you and Dave? Cause you never let Kairi out of your sight like that." She said with eyebrow raised. "Mama that's her dad it's no big deal." I said dodging her question.
"Ryan Destiny Taylor. Spill it."
I sighed telling her the complete truth about what was going on and by the time I was finished she was in tears. "Y'all got married without having family? Ryan." She said embracing me. I knew her feelings would be hurt but we did that for us. I apologized and told her that there will be a real wedding reception and that was for family and friends. She felt a little better but I knew she was still sad. I hugged her and said goodnight, after taking my shower I got comfortable in my bed and right on cue I was receiving a FaceTime call from Dave.
"Hello?" I said as his face popped up on the screen.
"Hey baby. What you doing?" He asked shuffling in the background. "Nothing, just got out the shower. What are y'all doing?"
"Nothing Kairi in her room she went straight to sleep after she ate and took a bath." I chuckled cause that sounded like her. "Oh, I wanted to say goodnight to her." I said with a pout. He laughed at me being dramatic,"you so extra Ry. Yo fine ass needa pop a titty out or somethin'." He licked his bottom lip when I lifted my shirt exposing my breasts. "You lucky we ain't in the same house." was all he said. I laughed and fixed my shirt, I wondered if I needed to tell him if I was on birth control or just wait.. I decided to wait. "nigga please," I chuckled,"anyways I'm about to go to sleep. I love you."
"I love you too see you tomorrow." he said waving bye. "Alright,bye." I hung up the phone and put my phone up. I yawned and turned off the lamp, I rolled over and dozed off.

-
A lot going on in this chapter butttttt congrats Ry and Dave🥳 Didn't get much feedback on the last chapter so once again...what do y'all think about a Chris Brown book? It's either him or August..