Chapter Six

~*~

~*~

Her heart wouldn't stop beating fast as they walked side by side. She has never been in an actual fight before, but she knew how to defend herself thanks to Kuiil's lessons when she was a child.

"Try not to act like anything's wrong," he whispers at her.

She stiffens beside him, but nods her head. There were people still around, watching as they walked back into town. And sun down is quickly approaching, darkening the sky, but there's still a light orange color
in the horizon.

This could take all night, she realizes.

He leads her to an alleyway that's much further away from the crowd. She sits beside him on her stomach, and observes how he pulls put a pulse rifle, and aims for the building in front of them.

"Do you see the kid?" She asks anxiously.

"No," he sighs. "but I can see the client talking to that doctor."

"Doctor?" She echoes with a frown.

"He's not that much of a threat," he says, and places the pulse rifle against his back. "Come on. They're haven't left yet, so the kid has to be in there still."

"Got it," she says, and follows closely behind him until they approach a large, metallic, green door.

"You ready?" He asks.

She merely takes the tranqulizer blaster that Kuiil gave her from her belt, and offers a sheepish smile at his stare.

"Only weapon I have," she admits.

He shakes his head, but doesn't question it. He merely knocks on the door. She stares at him incredulously. Were they really just going to walk through the front door--? She jumps as an eye pops out of the wall, saying something in a language she did not know. The Mandalorian merely snaps it out of its socket, and tosses it away, though the wires were still crackling and attached to the wall.