Chapter twenty five

Have you ever heard of the cartoon Tom and Jerry? You know Tom the dumb cat that never catches his prey (because lets be honest he loves the chase) and Jerry the cheeky mouse that has a death wish (probably likes the chase too). You have heard of it? Good. I love that cartoon and it's great because I get to see the live action.

Except it's not Tom and Jerry that I have the pleasure on seeing...because they don't really exist....but my two best friends.

Cameron, Lily, Liam and I stay seated at the front porch laughing our ass off while Dylan is getting chased by Mi na with a...chair?

"Go get him mum"Liam supports his mum.

"Come Uncle Dylan. Stop laughing"Cameron laughs out.

"Boys are so dumb"Lily comments shaking her head.

Both boys head snaps to her.

"Are not! Girls are dumb"Liam argues.

"Are too! Girls are smart. Right mummy?"

She had to get me involved. All eyes were on me now.

"Girls and boys are both very smart honey."

"I'm cool with that answer"Cam says shrugging before turning his attention back at his Aunty and uncle.

Lily and Liam glare at each other but don't say anything to each other.

----------

I haven't spoken to Amy yet. I don't even know if she knows I'm still here or not. I decided that I should probably man up and visit my brother. I don't know if Calvin told him I'm still here but from what I heard, Tom isn't allowing him in the room anymore. I don't know what that's about but something is telling me that I might be the cause of it.

I was walking toward his room when Amy came out. She didn't see me at first but when her gaze fell on me, I saw anger and disappointment flash in her eyes before it went blank.

She pissed at me. And let me tell you something. When Amy is pissed she's cold. She's so cold you could freeze to ice by just her glare. Not literally off course.

"Amy" I start but she cuts me off.

"I can't believe you Charlie!"she snaps.

"He finally wakes up. Something we both wanted. You know the first thing he asked for?"she asks me but didn't wait for my answer.

"You"she says coldly. "Your name was the first word he said when he woke up"

Jealousy wasn't laced in her voice. She sounded anger and tired and looked even worst.

"I wrote him a letter to explain"

"He woke up because of you. Then the second you hear he's awake you just abandoned him"

"That's not what happened"I say

She ignores me.

"I have been loyal to you to the fucking T Charlie. I have been a good friend and when we both needed you, you decided to just leave."

I didn't say anything else and neither did she. She just walked past me and I stood in the hallway.

I never thought about it in her way. I was being selfish. I was only thinking about myself. I can bullshit myself by telling myself that I was protecting my kids when in the truth... I was protecting me. I didn't for a second think about how Amy would have felt.

Her mate tried to kill himself because he thought I was dead. Probably blamed himself because he was a shit brother for no reason. He probably woke up because of my scent and I planned to disappear like nothing happened.