sixteen - so i'm the one who misunderstood?

(which one is the actual flower kek)

-

"alright then, lets take a look shall we?" the doctor moved forwards so that he could examine her arm, which had just been taken out of the cast.

"it feels really stiff, and i can't seem to fully turn my wrist." she was relatively concerned with how it did not seem to have healed properly.

"this is normal, since you haven't used it in a while." the doctor reassured her before sighing, "however, i am inclined to take you out of sports for another week or two."

she gave a look of horror as she stared at the doctor desperately. she barely managed to stutter out pleas for him to give her the green light such that she could resume training.

"i'm really sorry, but it doesn't seem to have healed right," he shook his head, "it's not healing as fast as i had hoped and projected."

he looked at her with an expression of scrutiny, so much so that minyoung squirmed in her seat uncomfortably.

"you played tennis, didn't you?"

"yes." she mumbled ashamedly.

a stern warning and several promises later, she left the hospital dejectedly. she was feeling both miserable and resentful, her initial joy in having the prospect of being able to resume training crushed.

minyoung had always assumed yeonjun would be willing to help her, that he would one of the last people to ever turn his backs on her even after the whole world had given up on her, including herself.

she hadn't meant to come off so harsh, and she genuinely enjoyed training with and learning from yeonjun. however, unknown to yeonjun, she had actually overheard a conversation he had had with his dad a few days before he first confronted her.

-

"why is it that this year's mixed trainings are taking up so much of your time?" yeonjun's father had asked him.

"dad, i know coach told you that i haven't been doing my best because of the programme, but i can assure you that it's not because of that."

"as far as i know, the mixed trainings only take place twice a week. why then, are you coaching even on saturdays?" his father then questioned further.

"i just wanted to put in my best effort in the programme, just like how you taught me to do my best. besides, it would leave a good impression on my record, it's too useful an opportunity to pass up"