49

Christian

It took me approximately 4 hours to find a suit for Alex

It took me approximately 4 hours to find a suit for Alex. Instead of it being too many cooks in the kitchen, there were far too many friends in the fitting room. I'd pick something out for Alex, and give my opinion on it...

Then Joan would give her opinion...

Then Derek would give his opinion...

Then Joan and I would ignore that opinion and debate amongst ourselves on why it did or didn't look good. After a few more failed options, Brad decided to get involved. He did, after all, know more about suit fitting than Joan and myself.

The night ended with a suit that Brad, Joan, and I could all agree with.

Alex looked exhausted.

Derek had knocked over four mannequins.

And I was left with a splitting headache.

When I got home later that night, I saw a text come through from my father. He had messaged to let me know that he was approved for the extension, and would be attending the Gala. All this did was add some unnecessary stress to an already stressful day. I'm sure many of our long term sponsors would be ecstatic about my fathers attendance, considering it had been some time since they'd seen him last.

I was going to need to move a few guest speakers around, in order to make room for a speech I knew he was going to want to give. As annoying as this would all be, it was good news for the company, and the potential investors that would be attending. It also gave Ivanov Corp the look of a more unified front.

I heard my desk phone ring as I started to unpack my briefcase. It was coming from another phone within the house.

"Hi Nathaniel." I spoke into the line.

"Good evening sir. I see you've made it home. I was just tending to some things in the courtyard when I heard the car. Looks like there is a call coming through to you from Regional... Would you like me to send it though?" He asked.

"Yes please Nathaniel, thank you." I replied "Could you also bring me up a whiskey on the rocks? It's been one of those days."

"Absolutely, sir. The caller will be on the line when I hang up here. I'll see you shortly with that drink." Nathaniel said, before I heard his line end. Seconds later, another voice spoke through.

"Hello? I was hoping to reach Mr. Ivanov?" A woman asked.

"Yes, this is he." I replied. "May I ask who's speaking?"

"Good evening Mr. Ivanov. This is Sandy from the Regional Treatment Facility. I was forwarded a case from one Bradford Stevenson. He mentioned you had an inquiry into the initial treatment of Vanessa Hamilton? We received this request one day ago."