Chapter Twelve

NOVA LEE LET ANGER GET THE BEST OF HER. As Thor continued to push she finally gave in, screaming out as she coiled her fingers into fists. She threw her hands into his chest in outrage ignoring the hardness below his shirt.

"All you people do is push and push," Nova said through punches, "Humans are not puppets!"

"That's it," Thor said gently letting her get out the anger built up inside of her.

She tried to knee him in the groin but he quickly shifted away letting her land a hit on his leg. Satisfied with that she kept kicking.

"I'm sorry that we can't all be as perfect as you!" she yelled through pants, "I'm sorry that human hearts are more fragile than your immortal ones."

She tried to throw a punch at the god's face but he quickly grabbed her wrist holding it there as she stared at him through dark eyelashes. This unusual nature hadn't appeared before and he watched her emotions change through her eyes.

With her wrist still in his hands, she tried to knee him again resulting in him flipping her body around so her back was against his chest. He held one hand around her throat loosely while the other wrapped around her waist. She struggled aggressively thrashing in his arms as he kept his body still. He leaned his head down into the crevice of her shoulder breathing deeply.

"Although anger is the source of violence, if you let this rage get the best of you, you shall never win in battle."

Nova turned her face making eye contact with him as he continued to stand stiffly behind her. His face was so close she could touch it but she continued to stare into his blue eyes. Thor was thrown off by the sudden change in attitude as he loosened his grip on her arms. She took his opportunity to quickly push her body away from his letting her arm swing up to hit him in the face.

He took a step back startled by the force as he clutched his face in his large hand. He began to chuckle as she looked at him with wide eyes lowering her fist.

"I-i'm sorry," she said nervously backing away.

He continued to chuckle loudly as he moved his hand away from his nose to reveal a small pool of blood.

"I knew you had it in you," he said with a smile as she ran over to her bag to grab a towel.

When the anger subsided from her eyes, her anxiety returned. Thor noticed this immediately when she shakily took his hand and let him to a chair off to the side of the room. Although the God's bloody nose would heal quickly (and the force was not enough to break it) he still allowed the girl to care for him.

She poured water onto the rag dapping his nose gently as her eyes lingered away from his.

"I didn't mean to do that," Nova said quietly as if she had done something wrong. "I hate violence, I hate seeing people hurt."

Her eyebrows creased in worry as she let him hold the towel on his own. She took a step back slowly, almost like she expected him to attack.

"I don't know what came across me."

Thor sighed watching goose bumps appear on her arms.

"You have been holding in your rage for too long Nova Lee. It's healthy to release that emotion even if it means striking a god."

Nova considered the idea of this. She knew she held onto things for a long time, letting them consume her. She never imagined that fighting would help her cope with her emotions. She still was fearful of this new aggression building up inside her.

Thor's voice broke her out of her thoughts as she turned her head quickly, "Do you fear me?" He asked removing the rag from his nose.

She let his words sink in not responding right away. Did she fear him, or did she fear the chaos he brought? All the nights she laid awake hearing thunder that reminded her of gunshots. The death of her mother only furthered her sensitivity to noise.

His abilities could kill. He could light up the entire sky. His power was overwhelming. Thor didn't scare Nova Lee but the god of thunder terrified her.

Her lack of response made Thor's heart clench. He didn't want the beautiful woman to flinch away from him. He wanted to calm her, he wanted to mean something to her. For once in the god's life, he didn't want to be selfish, especially not with a pure heart like hers. For once in his life, he was willing to wait.

"You do not need to fear me, girl," Thor said confidently as he stepped closer to her shaky form.

She continued to stare at him with wide eyes as he pulled a strand of her out from her eyes which was a familiar habit he obtained. "I would never harm you."

His fingers lingered over her freckled skin as he moved it slowly down her figure. His large palm hovered over her chest right where her thunder mark had begun. Her lips quivered as his action caused a warm feeling to spread throughout her chest.

Thor felt this connection too as tingles spread throughout his fingertips. They both looked down in awe as her scar illuminated with a glowing light that slowly expanded throughout her chest.

They didn't know it at the time but the mark the god of thunder had left on Nova Lee's chest would have a bigger impact than either of them had expected.

———

Two more chapters until part one is over!