Just My Luck

A/N: more world building and plot cushion lol plus I just wanted to write some more platonic Todobaku because I love them? anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying! your comments and support fuel me, I love them (and you) all.

Katsuki's not sure why, but his feet won't move.

Well, that's not entirely true.

He gets that it's just his stupid brain stuck in between fight or flight at seeing Deku again, partially convinced that he's got the worst luck in the history of mankind and that it would be better off to just yeet himself from the tallest building he can find. What he doesn't understand, however, is why he's stuck there. He's aware of his surroundings---of his situation. He knows that the best thing to do is haul ass and take the back alley back to Sato's.

So why won't his stupid fucking feet move?

He's just stuck there, like he's frozen to the checkered tile. It's only when he sees Izuku putting his food down onto his tray that he shakes free, taking the bad from Ojirou without ever turning his back on Deku and clutching it at his side. Poor choice of weaponry, yes, but if he can hit that stupid nerd with this sandwich hard enough, it'll buy him some time to make a run for it. Solid plan.

Except it isn't.  Fuck, it's so stupid.

"Stay where you are, fucker, don't touch me."

Izuku pauses in his movements slightly, muttering something under his breath and Katsuki realizes that he's re-evaluating how he should handle the situation. He stands, but keeps his hands visible and leans against the table to show Katsuki that he'll stay out of his personal space.

"Alright. Okay. I won't touch you, I won't come over there. Can we just talk?"

"For fucking what? We ain't got anything to talk about, dipass."

"I think we both know that we do, Kats---"

Katsuki points an accusing finger at him. "Don't call me that; we ain't fuckin' friends! We fucked, that's it and that's all."

"Katsuki, please. At least let me walk you back to...where I'm assuming is work, if that's a uniform---so we can hash this whole mess out."

The flaxen blonde snorts cynically.

"Why, so you can tell my parents where I work?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Um, is everything okay? Kats, do you...do you need help? Is that guy harassing you?" Ojirou asks, stepping from behind the counter to stand next to Katsuki after watching the encounter escalate. He's cautious about asking Katsuki if he needs help simply because he knows how he gets when he feels that people are insinuating that he can't handle himself but he looks genuinely afraid, if Ojirou is reading his body language the right way.

Izuku sighs. "No, I'm not harassing him. He's just being difficult "

Ojirou gives the freckled man a look, one that's foreign to see on that usually smiling face of his.

"Excuse me, sir, but I wasn't asking you."

Izuku bristles at him and reaches into his breast pocket. What he pulls out is a crisp note and what seems to be a little white card. From where he's standing, Katsuki can make out the fancy gold trim and print. He takes the fountain pen sitting on the frosted glass table and scribbles something onto the card before setting the items down onto it

"Sorry to have caused any trouble. I didn't mean to, quite honestly. Here's a tip for your troubles, young man. I'll be going." He says to Ojirou, shrugging his coat back on. Katsuki can finally breathe again, clammy hands and fingers uncurling at his side.