Jesse Hall

**Warning for specific, offensive, language of characters toward other characters. No offense intended **

Allie followed her father to the rink where she wasn't exactly looking forward to playing any hockey. She played for a triple A division team and her father had brought her to the practice to help with his pathetic team that couldn't even skate. Allie hadn't lived with her father in a few years because he'd been so busy, but she visited him every second week for the weekend, including Friday night.

She stepped up to the ice by the gate to enter and looked at the ten or so players skating around. They weren't skating as they were more falling and crawling around. None of them wore matching practice jerseys, not many wore helmets and if they did, the helmets were of all sorts. "Are you really gonna make me help you with them?" She asked him, looking away from the kids her age.

Her father glanced down at her. "You're my only hope."

"Really?"

"Yep." He inhaled deeply. "Now, get out there." He shoved her along and followed her onto the ice.

She skated backwards onto the ice as he followed wearing dress shoes, a long dress coat and a suit. "You know, maybe if you wore a track suit, you'd like more like a coach rather than someone who works at the morgue."

He frowned, staring at her. "You know, this is why you're with your mother."

"Am not, you're too busy for me."

"Yes...And for the record, that gear isn't free. I pay for it every year." He told her. "Now get on those laps."

She sighed, pushing off with her left foot as she began her laps Bombay hadn't even gotten to speaking with the kids before Allie had been whistled over by Jesse Hall. He stood with Peter, Karp, Goldberg, Terry and Averman, the group watching her to see what she could as they pondered about who she was. They all believed that Bombay was maybe too young to have a kid, besides, none of them would wish to be his kid, seeing as who he was.

"Hey!" Jesse whistled.

Allie slowed her skating pace to a minimum, wondering what the hobos wanted. She approached them, stopping swiftly and looked at them. "Who are you?" Peter spat.

"Yeah!" Karp added.

"And in goes the kill from Peter." Averman announced.

Allie stared at them like they were stupid, in which she believed they were. "Allie and you must be short?" She asked. "You aren't very tall for an eleven year old."

"Hey!" Peter barked.

"Leave it to me, Man." Jesse spoke. "Say, what're you's doin' here?"

"What's it look like, Afro Boy?" She asked, crossing her arms. If they were testing her, they were doing good and she was doing quite the job of answering them. She was very nice, but if one wanted to come off strong, she could too just as much. Goldberg laughed. "Why're you laughing, Fat Boy?"

"Hey," Karp spoke. "We're harmless."

"So am I." She answered. "Now, you, Afro Boy, listen here, I don't take orders from anyone, I give 'em. Besides, I'm better than all of you dummies combined." She spoke.

"Listen here, Snobby, we don't need you's on this team."

"I know," She laughed. "I am the team." She continued to laugh and Averman gulped in embarrassment, because she was right in a way, but Jesse acted like he owned the place constantly. Allie liked it because it seemed to be amusing to her to make fun of the boys while the others held onto the boards or used their sticks for leverage.

"Allie!" Bombay hollered. "Quit bugging them and start showing them how to play."

"Oh," She shook her head with a smile. "I'll show 'em how to play all right." She smirked, skating off.

"We can skate fine." Jesse spat.

"All right, Shorty, let's go. You and me, blue line to blue, should be easy... You know, 'cause ya know how to skate." She skated back to the blue line, waiting for him as he skated over slowly, a little wobbly, too.

"Go Jesse!"

"Come on, Man!"

"You got this!"

The boys cheered and Bombay turned to see the commotion, noticing that his daughter was up to no good again. He sighed and watched, leaning against the boards to watch. When the two had counted down, Allie had sped off before Jesse had even brought his skate forward to go. She made it to the far side before Jesse did and she had enough time to watch him. He was so confident in himself that he was over confident and tripped over his own feet halfway through. She laughed at him, so did the others, but they stopped after a little as she had continued laughing.

"Wow, that was sad." She laughed.

"Shut up, Blondie."

"It's light brown, Nut Head." She shoved him aside and he fell back onto the ice. She skated over, setting her hands on her knees as she leaned forward, looking down at him. "And don't mess with me again because I assure you that you won't win, not with me or my father on the ice." She pointed to the man they hated. "Bye now." She waved and skated over to father, who stood half impressed and half unimpressed.