27 | Two to One

Through the green mist that lurked along the planets muddy surface, Dakota broke through and paused at the edge of the still water

Through the green mist that lurked along the planets muddy surface, Dakota broke through and paused at the edge of the still water. Tiny insects danced atop of the swamp, buzzing around her ears in a skittish frenzy. Above in the trees, the sound of a creature cawing in the distance could be heard. Lifeless trees were sprawled across the landscape with peculiar shapes and angles. She took in every sound and every sight, using that to heighten her senses. Obi-wan stepped through the mist behind her, quickly coming to stand at her side at the water "I feel that we're getting close" she told him, looking down at her reflection before jumping over the stream to the other side of the solid ground.

"I'm not saying that you're a bad tracker, Dakota, but why wouldn't Ziro just leave the planet? Why not just fly away?" Obi-wan hopped across as well, sounding a bit tired of this endless chase

Dakota swerved around a tree that was arched backward, with roots sprouting out like an explosion frozen in time. She stepped over the chaos of roots, her hands running along the moist bark "My senses are telling me that he's still here... and also, my common sense" she raised an eyebrow. Obi-wan went around the other side of the tree "If Cad Bane broke him out from prison and brought him here, then Ziro would not have access to a ship to leave. He'd be stuck here, unless he can get his stubby little hands on some transportation"

"And you think he'd find a ship here?"

"This is his home, he's bound to have a relative, or someone that would lend him a ship" she pulled herself on top of the trunk of a tree, getting a better, higher few of the swamp that stretched out for miles and miles around her "everyone has someone" she muttered, her eyes scanning the foggy distance.

Obi-wan remained on the ground, knowing that her tracking skills were better than his, but also finding himself doubting if Ziro is even able to be tracked. They've been at this for an hour. She says that they're getting closer, but the dead ends and familiar landmarks seem to prove otherwise "alright, alright" he breathed, turning to look behind them. Dakota leaned against the tree, allowing for her eyes to close for a moment. That's when the branch trembled beneath her feet. Obi-wan could feel it too on the ground. Her eyes opened back up like a shutter just as a monstruos swamp beast erupted from the water, letting out a thunderous snarl.

"Whoa" she whispered, too high up for the snake-like creature to attack. It locked eyes with her old friend and moved to strike, coming to coil itself around his body. The slithering serpent was dotted with bright green scales and a very unappealing, skeleton structured face. Obi-wan struggled with the grip that the monster had on him, not able to reach his lightsaber that was on his hip. It's teeth were dangerously close to his face, and were as sharp as a sword. Dakota rolled her eyes back, waiting for him to finish playing.

After a few seconds, he was able to free his hands and stop the creature from biting into him. He uncoiled himself from its body and reached for his saber. Dakota stuck out her hand, not wanting for him to kill it. The air became calm as she connected with the monster using the force. Obi-wan held his blue saber out in front of him but realized that he would not need it. Dakota jumped down from the tree, keeping her hand out in front of her. It closed its fanged jaw and slithered across the ground to her, bringing its head down "show off" he sheathed his lightsaber and attached it back to his belt.