(26) - Let's Talk

Dedicated to BellOceans @halo_queen @eidamark @ritu1306 @lalazada @lazytai @eboneykg @sdlijkldk and @MaOne01Neo for voting.

Unedited.

~

"Harry?" I grunted out with a hostile voice. He, out of all places was here, where I least expected him to be. It was clear all the sadness and hurt I endured over him vanished and never existed in the first place. The hurt was replaced by a strong emotion — hatred.

"Autumn, hey." He cheekily smiled with his enchanting dimples. It was his way of making you swoon. Now, looking back I don't know what the hell I saw in him in the first place. He was just like any other guy with dimples. There was nothing special about it.

"What are you doing here?"I didn't care for an answer as as long as he stayed out of my life.

"Oh, I'm just waiting for someone..."

"Bye," I turn on my heels, not hearing another word. I didn't have to think twice as I stomped out the hallway.

"Wait... Autumn," I groan, hearing the familiar voice call out. "I'm sorry." His unexpected apology surprised me. He was apologizing?

Harry shrugged sadly, remorse in his eyes as he saw keep his gaze on the floor. He looked sad, maybe even a little guilty. The way he avoided my gaze said the words he couldn't say.

"What?" I asked in disbelief, half in a gasp.

"Autumn, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did... I didn't mean. I mean I did and I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what? Exactly?"

"For breaking your heart. Cheating on you," he spoke through a broken voice. My eyes narrowed suspiciously. He couldn't possibly mean that.

"Why now?"

"Why what?"

"Apologize." Harry cleared his throat, bracing himself for my reaction.

"I'm a father," My eyes shot up, shook covering every inch of my skin. Harry? A father? The Harry I once knew didn't want kids. Ever.

"You're a father?"

"Yes, well not yet anyway. The point is I'm about to be a father of a baby girl and the other day I was just thinking. Thinking about myself, and all doubts came to mind. If I was ready to be a father... and then it was you,"

"Autumn, I owe you an apology. A real one this time. I'm sorry... I was a stupid bastard who only thought about me and cheating on you when you were faithful to me... was unfair. It was unfair to you and hurting you was something I have always regretted. I don't know if I deserve forgiveness because if my daughter was treated the way I treated you, I wouldn't."

My mouth dropped in surprise. My mind couldn't fathom what he just did. Apologize. The Harry I knew, didn't feel remorse or an ounce of guilt when he bluntly admitted he cheated on me with one of late night hookups. I remember we where at his apartment and I saw the painful message of fuck buddy, telling him to come over.

I was outraged, and nothing made sense. I saw red and it was the only color I saw. I was humiliated and discarded as trash. Harry, the beloved boyfriend I thought I knew, stormed out before admitting he was indeed cheating and was going to sleep with her. I remember the horrid fight and the things he said to me.

I was a fool and Harry didn't care. Now, looking at him in this very moment, it was different. He was different. After all this time, Harry had changed. I didn't believe it. Harry, the asshole prick was now — nice?