A Single Tear

I mean, don't get me wrong, I was worried, but she said she didn't want to talk so I didn't push it. I should've. We did have fun that weekend. First, we saw Lion King in the cinema then we went for dinner at McDonald's. After, all of us being pretty stuffed, we decided against bowling and went back to May's instead for a sleepover.

"Hey... let's play truth or dare!" May said, turning around to us. I smiled as we moved to form a circle, May taking a bite of the chocolate bar in her hand. Brie used the moment to her advantage,

"So, May... Truth or dare?" The other girl looked up in shock, her mouth full to the brim with chocolate. It took her a second to gulp it down before she narrowed her eyebrows and glared over at Brie. The two had a silent staring match before May broke contact in defeat letting out a sigh.

"Fine" Brie rolled her eyes as the raven-haired girl said this, "I pick... dare." Instantly a mischievous look fills Brie's face.

"I dare you to go downstairs and get us some of your dad's vodka..." She murmured causing May to open her mouth in protest. However, the girl was immediately shot down by the raise of Brie's eyebrows.

"Alright, but if I get in trouble for this, and I will, this is all your fault..." As May turned to leave the room, Brie landed her eyes on Thalia who was sat beside me on the bed.

"Truth or dare?" She asked and Thalia smiled.

"Dare." The redhead said quickly, grinning. To my surprise, Brie then turned to me.

"Go on Mels, pick her a dare..." Brie said, grinning. Instantly, my nerves picked up and I began to fumble with my fingers in my lap.

"Shouldn't we wait... for May? Doesn't the last person to go get to pick the dare?" I asked nervously. To this, Brie just looked at Thalia.

"This one is the master of dares. I don't know how or why our sweet Melody is so good at forcing someone to do something. She's just... stupidly modest."

"I'm not being modest!" I protested, "I just think we should wait..." And as if by fate, in came May.

"Oooo, is Mel picking a dare? That's something a don't want to miss!" She sat beside us, pouring a cup of vodka for Brie and herself. Knowing that I don't really drink too often, she doesn't ask me if I want some but instead turns to Thalia, holding up the bottle in question.

"Just a little..." She murmured.

"Drain it..." I muttered slightly, quiet enough for everyone to ask what I was saying and have to repeat it again.

"I don't..." Thalia looked down at the cup in thought.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I just thought it was a good dare, but I don't want to pressure you into doing something you don't want to..." I mumbled, hoping desperately that she didn't hate me.

"Calm down," She murmured, placing a hand lightly on my shoulder which sent tingles up my spine. Then, she raised the cup to her lips, taking a second to drink before draining the whole cup.

"Okay, your turn..." She said, turning to me. I smiled,

"Truth." This one word caused a mass uproar in the room, so much so that May had to make sure that everyone knew her parents were sleeping in the room above.

"Alright fine... fine but you better make it juicy Thalia..." Brie said eventually, obviously still annoyed that I went for what she called the 'cowards' option.

"Um..." Thalia seemed to be pondering the situation deeply, staring into the distance before snapping back to focus, "What's the thing in your life that you regret the most?"