049

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

"Guess what." I suddenly appeared in front of Jimin, startling him slightly. "Sorry, should've told you I was coming." A sheepish smile lingered on my lips as I eyed him nervously.

"Little flower, hey," he smiled as he glanced at me. "What's up?" He stopped organizing the countless albums and leaned against the wall to give me his undivided attention.

"Well, I got you..." I paused to rummage through my bag quickly. "Some cassette tapes!" I grinned as I showed him the full stack.

His smile dropped as he stared at the objects in my hand.

"Okay hear me out," I stumbled over my words after I saw his expression. "I know you've always wanted cassette tapes, and you're always complaining about the store never having any," I started as I grabbed the box of them.

"And you always told me that your dad used to have so many of them and play them with you in the car on your roadtrips. And I don't know, I know you miss him and I wanted to give you something related to him. I know you miss listening to his cassette tapes on his truck, which was a tradition of yours so I thought-"

His lips crashed on my own in an instant. His hands held the side of my face as his lips molded into mine. I dropped everything I was holding and wrapped my arms around him. One of his arms snaked around my waist to bring me closer to him as his lips stayed attached to mine.

"Hwayoung," Jimin mumbled against my lips once he pulled away. "Thank you," he sighed as his eyes softened once they met mine.

"You liked it?" My voice raised at the end in hopefulness.

"Yes, little flower. I loved it." He brushed some of my hair away from my cheeks and tucked it behind my ear. "You're so... thoughtful," he grinned as he noticed the faint blush growing on my cheeks.

"No, I'm not," I chuckled nervously. "I just know how much you miss him, especially now that he's sick." I frowned slightly as I glanced up at him.

He stared at me, a small glint in his eyes as they bored into mine. "You're so precious to me. I- I like you so much." He pecked my lips with a lingering smile.

"Yeah yeah, I like you too," I grinned and I looked up at him. "Now, how about we start choosing the music that'll go on them?" I excitedly gesture to the box of cassette tapes next to us.

"Yeah." He kissed my forehead. "C'mon, the store will be empty for awhile since it's so late." He sat next to me on the floor and we made a list of songs we wanted for each cassette.

And so, we spent the whole night, up until closing, creating mixtapes.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:

hello loves

THANK U SOOOO MUCH FOR 2K READS I-🥺🥺🥺

double update today woot woot!!!

wow i really missed updating for u babies.

hope u have a great friday and take good care of urselves!

maybe treat urselves to some flowers, i sure am debating on doing just that hehe.

can y'all believe red tulips is coming to an end soon?🥺

i'm going to start doing a countdown till the end once there are only five chapters left.

so let's start.

-5

stay safe and healthy🤍