Thirty

Chapter Thirty:

"What the hell is this?" Theodora muttered, walking around a crisp white bathtub. Inside, lay a women posed for camera, skin painted blue and covered in sequins. "Who is she?"

"Tatiana." JT crossed his arms.

She raised an eyebrow, "A little more detail, please."

"She was a model and social media influencer, Tatiana's assistant found her like this this morning. There are signs of forced entry at the front door."

"Neighbours didn't hear a thing and there are motion censors around the complex but nothing was triggered. No videos." Dani added.

"People like TT don't want videos, they end up on—"

"TT?" Theodora questioned, standing next to the tub, leaning closer to the women's face.

"Tatiana's Instagram handle." JT shrugged, earning a look from Malcolm who stood at the end of the tub close to Edrisa.

"You're a fan?" Malcolm asked.

"She was born in Harlem. She was a home girl before her career blew up..." He shook his head, "It ain't right, man."

Malcolm pursed his lips, turning to Edrisa. He smiled, "Doctor."

"If you're lucky!"

Theodora chuckled quietly, making a face.

"I mean, hello." The women frowned.

Malcolm nodded, a small grin on his face. "It doesn't look like she was drowned. No sign of any struggle."

"Agreed. I'll check for any water in her lungs, and see what else is under the body paint."

Theodora smacked her lips, "Whoever did this had an eye for detail. Style, even." Her eyes narrowed on a metal bracelet perfectly placed on her wrist, "Who's Axel X?"

"Clothing designer." JT sighed, leaning over and handing Malcolm his phone. A picture was popped up, Tatiana the main focus with matching blue skin and sequins as she had now, Axel X was written across the screen. "This was his first outdoor campaign, just before Tatiana's big break."

Malcolm coughed, mumbling "Blue skin... sequence. This crime was an act of devotion."

"They were so devoted to Tatiana that they had to kill her?" Dani questioned.

"No. The killer wasn't after the real Tatiana, they wanted this." He held up the picture, pointing at it. "Staged. He had to kill her to make it possible."

He handed JT his phone back just as Gil wandered in, "Axel X is outside, says he's her boyfriend... Alright, Dani and JT I want you to run down all information on Tatiana and the campaign. Bright and Fletcher, we'll handle the boyfriend."

Theodora nodded, following him out. They stepped outside, the sun shining brightly down on the city. A man's voice was shouting, and Gil leaned towards both herself and Malcolm and mumbled, "That's Axel."

The man continued his shouts, trying to be let in. Gil approached first, and they fell in line beside him. "Hey, Axel. You want to help Tatiana, why don't you answer a few questions for us."

He quieted down, glancing around before meeting Gil's gaze.

"Were you with her last night?" He asked.

"No. We, um—"

A women nudged him backwards, "Axel had a gallery opening and then a dinner in Redhook. TT never showed."

Theodora brought her attention to her, "And who are you."

The women glared, "Axel's manager. Joey runs security and Frankie's on media." She nodded at the two men around her.