Drowning *TW*

The water smacked me in the face as I made contact. It was hard and brutal. The first few seconds were of bliss until I realised where I was and the sudden emergency. Panic began to rise. My arms and legs flailed about, trying to force water to push me up, above the danger. The urgency to breathe was torturous, and as I clawed at my throat, the will to fight began to leave.

Begrudgingly, my mouth pried itself open, and the evil water rushed in, filling my lungs. They burned like hot lava, and my chest felt as though it was dancing on scolding coals. The pressure built up, constricting the movement of my panic-induced swimming. My mind swam with incomplete hopes and dreams as I released myself to the mercy of the dark depths.

I was so tired; tired of life, tired of people, tired of fighting. It was not long before my body gave up trying; before my limbs stopped moving; before my lungs could not breathe. I was suffocating in the place I felt was more like home than anything, and it was terrifying. It was utter agony to stay awake.

The cold of the surrounding water seared my delicate eyes as they unconsciously opened, blinking rapidly. My blurred vision saw nothing but blue darkness, and while it was scary, it felt so peaceful. I would not have to worry anymore. Maybe this was the way I was supposed to go, to leave this ball of fire and destruction. The flow of my realising thoughts broke as something grabbed my heavy arms and started to pull.