CH 39// Alex's Birthday

When Monday came around, Alex was actually a little glad to be going back to school. It'd be nice to get back into the swings of things. Plus he really missed drawing and his Art class would help him get back into those habbits. When he got to his locker he was happy to see Charlie standing by his locker. He had a small yellow box In his hands, along with a plastic bag hanging off of his arm.

He walked up to the boy and ruffled his hair. "Hey there cutie" He said just loud enough for just Charlie to hear.
"Hi" Charlie said starting to bounce on his toes. "I have something for you" He beamed. He handed Alex the bag first.
Alex peeked inside the bag to see a hoodie. He pulled it out and gasped when he saw that there was dragons on it.

Being the absolute nerd he was for Dragons, he became the happiest boy on earth

Being the absolute nerd he was for Dragons, he became the happiest boy on earth. He immidiatly removed his grey hoodie and slipped on the new one. He looked down to admire how it looked on him and giggled. "Oh my god" he squeeled. "Thank you so much, Charlie. I love it!" He wrapped his arms around Charlie, giving him a big hug.
"I'm glad you like it" Charlie giggled. "There's still one more thing" He said holding up the box. Alex took it and lifted the top off to find a black beaded bracelet with a rainbow striped bead in the middle. "It's a couples bracelet" Charlie said holding up his wrist to reveal a bracelet that looked exactly the same only it had white beads.

"Awwww!" Alex said

"Awwww!" Alex said. He was grinning ear to ear. After he put the bracelet on he grabbed Charlie by the sleeve and dragged him down the hall. As soon as they were around the corner he turned around and kissed Charlie. "Thank you for the gifts" He said before kissing him again.
Charlie giggled and wrapped his arms around Alex's waist. "Happy Birthday Alex" Charlie said before pulling him in for another kiss.

***************

That night, Alex invited Charlie over for Dinner. The whole gang was there, including some of Alex's relatives.
While Alex was talking with one of his cousins, Heather pulled Charlie aside saying she could use some help serving the cake.

"I just wanted to thank you for being Alex's friend" She said once they were in the kitchen. She removed the blown out candles out of the frosting and picked up a butterknife and started to cut the cake into squares. "Before he met you, he didn't really have any friends" She continued. "He had some for a while but they grew apart after 8th grade. Alex said they had turned into jerks anyway though". She picked up a piece of cake and put it down on a plate. "Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Thank you for being there for Alex". A sweet smile appeared on Charlie's face. He was glad he was able to make Alex happy. "Wanna hand this to the birthday boy?" She said handing him the plate.