Chap 18: you are loved

Omegas are considered the weakest of the pack, the rut of the family that are only good for producing litters and pleasing their alpha. They weren't expected to do great things or anything of significance. Because plainly speaking, that's not what they were born for.

They weren't supposed to have dreams, goals or a purpose other than serving their alpha. Being an omega meant you stayed home, raised children, cleaned the house. Did all the unwanted things alphas and betas didn't.

That is the story Jimin and all the young pups were told growing up. His fathers generation used to truly believe that, that omegas could never actually contribute to society like alphas or even betas could.

They were a burden on the world, only good for producing babies in hopes one would turn out to be an alpha or at least a beta.

Anything but an omega.

A sad truth that bared upon history for far to long, condemning omegas simply because they were considered weak or ultimately useless.

Jimin hated being an omega, utterly and completely despised the fact. He knew himself he wasn't weak, he wasn't useless and most certainly wasn't only good at making babies. Growing up he was proof of that. With the way he paraded around loud and proud, acting tough and protecting his father whenever he could because that's what strong wolves do.

Protect.

Jimin never wanted to be seen by his second gender, by the one which chained him to a deprived life of condemnation and prejudice. It was no way to live, to function and thrive in the world. All he begged and pleaded for was to be seen as Jimin. As the man who loved football, warm baths, dancing. A man who was selfless, who enjoyed looking after and protecting those he loved or those who deserve and needed it.

He is strong, he is capable and he is a man not a weakling who couldn't survive without an alpha tied to his side. He never dreamt he'd be one of those omegas who clung to their alpha like their life and whole world depended on them. He wanted to be his own person, own man.

And yet, those dreams he held, desperately clung to were starting to crack and shatter into nothing but dust, slipping right through his fingers. Because unknowingly to him he'd become one of those omegas, one who yearned for the subtle touch of his alpha, of his intoxicating scent marking his skin. He needed that-no wanted that.

Jungkook had become his kryptonite, his one weakness who somehow broke through the thick, callous walls with such ease, such skill he hadn't even noticed.

So this really stung, the words brutally thrown at him by a cruel, hard man. An alpha so sharp, so arrogant in his dominance and superiority he suffocated everyone around him. Jimin didn't let what people say get to him, he wasn't a sensitive person. Not after what he's been through, what abuse he's seen, nothing could really hurt him. Not when he's watched  his father get almost beaten half to death, gasping and groaning as deep, viscous bruises stained every inch of his frail body.

It was something that haunted him, truly the only thing he was afraid of. His father being beaten so hard it killed him. That's what hurt him, that was his only fear.

Well at least that's what he believed before a new one came crashing down upon him so violently it strained his breathing almost making him collapse into a heap on the very chic oak wood floor.

He felt worthless, for the first time in his young life he felt like a bad omega. Even though he hated the ideologies behind omegas. How they were expected to please and serve, live only for their alphas. He couldn't help but have those desires. The need to know he was enough for his alpha, that he was worthy.