14

14

"Hi Jade, how was your weekend?" Fiona asked me, handing me a hot chocolate.

Fiona sat down right next to me in my English class. There was still about 20 minutes until class started and recently Fiona has been coming into my homeroom to visit me. I saw Jade sneaking glances at the two of us throughout the whole time Fiona and I had been talking.

"My weekend was good. Um, Harry and I started working on our fear project." I told her, taking a sip of my drink.

"Oh, so how was that?" Fiona gave a little smirk and raised one of her eyebrows.

"Oh no, not you too!" I groaned.

"What!? Sorry for not being the only person on earth, besides you of course, who thinks that you and Harry wouldn't be a cute couple."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I playfully rolled my eyes. "It was actually pretty fun, scary at first, thought I was going to die, but then the rest of the night was pretty-"

"Magical?"

Yes.

"Um, no. It was just...it was really nice."

"That's good that the two of you are getting along again. My partner and I have no clue what to do. I'm not even sure what I'm really afraid of."

"I'm sure you'll find something. If you need help, ask me anytime."

"Okay, thanks! I have to run, I need to finish up my new edit of Zac Efron before my fan page gets mad."

I quietly laughed as she walked out the door. Fiona was something else, but I'm glad she's my friend.

I got up to go throw out my now empty cup of hot chocolate and once again I see Jade watching me. Honestly, I don't even know where the two of us stand at this point. It's like I'm sad that it feels like we aren't friends anymore because she's been in my life for so long, but at the same time, I feel so much better knowing I'm not a last resort.

As I turn around to head back to my seat, I notice Harry occupying the seat Fiona was sitting at not too long ago.

"Um, hi Harry."

"Thought that I would join you this fine morning." He smiled.

"You do know that you're going to have to get up in 5 minutes when Lizzie comes in to sit in her seat, right?"

"I'm sure I can convince her to let me change seats. I mean I am pretty persuasive," he smirked.

"Pretty persuasive, or just pretty?" I asked, referring to how anyone will do anything for him because of his looks.

"Pretty? I would never describe myself as pretty."

"You know what I mean."

Not long after that, Lizzie walks in and notices the pretty boy sitting in her seat. You can tell that she was already flustered before she even opened her mouth to talk to him.

"Uh- ex-excuse me? You're in my seat." she looked down at her feet, to nervous to look at him.

"I know, is it possible that I can sit here instead. The thing is, Jade? Yeah, she's really not that bright and I was told that I should help her out a little bit more in English so she doesn't fail." Harry lied with a smile on his face.

"Oh, okay. No- no problem." Lizzie walked away and sat in Harry's old seat.

"You're an asshole, you know that, right?" I said, chuckling.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." He playfully hit my shoulder.

"See, you're not only being nice to me now, but you're being nice to other people. The old Harry would have looked at Lizzie and wouldn't have said anything or you would have said, 'and?'"