Chapter 14

Y/n L/n's POV

"And this is our last stop, the library" Chaeyoung said while leading me inside the enormous room. The strong scent of books tickled my nose as the afternoon light seeped through the windows, bathing the library in a glorious color of gold.

Shortly after leaving the infirmary, Chaeyoung had offered to show me around. And as someone who struggles to remember the directions to my own class, I gladly accepted her offer.

"It's huge" I said, awestruck by the interior. Walking through the tall, wooden shelves that dominated the library, I scanned through the array of books with a pleased smile.

"Do you like books?" Chaeyoung asked, intrigued by my giddy steps. I was practically skipping like a little girl due to my rising excitement.

"You could say that" I replied while flipping through an interesting novel I found before placing it back.

I continued to stroll around the library, enjoying every moment of my little exploration. Chaeyoung quietly followed behind me, making sure I don't get lost along the way.

I could clearly hear her chuckle whenever I find something that catches my attention before excitedly reaching out for it.

In her eyes, I probably looked like a nerdy bookworm for geeking over a library. But despite that, I couldn't seem to find myself caring about the impression I was giving her.

I had never been to a library this big before, so my overexcitement was an automatic response to the tempting invitation of the books that tried to win me over.

I was too immersed in the wonders of this ginormous room that I didn't even realize I was beginning to wander deep into it, entering a secluded area where no one else was around.

"Hm?" A brief hum voiced out my curiosity after seeing a particular book that had a rather interesting title. "The Black Hero..." I mumbled while carefully examining it.

"The Black Hero!?" Chaeyoung exclaimed, taking an excited peek at the object in my hands. Looks like she heard me. "I never knew they made a book about her!"

"Who's the black hero?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

Chaeyoung looked up from the book and gave me a confused look. "You don't know who the black hero is?"

I wordlessly answered her question with a shake of a head, earning myself a raised brow from her. "That's strange," She suddenly leaned closer, catching me off guard. "but you do know the Pillar of Peace, right?"

"Uhm, ye- yeah" Our close proximity made me stutter as a few butterflies danced inside my stomach, swaying to the rythm of my pounding heart.

"You know the Pillar of Peace, but you don't know the person who accompanied her in the war 800 years ago?"

I shook my head once more. "You really are strange," She said before chuckling. "Shall I explain it to you then?"

"Please do!" I had a good hunch on who this Black Hero is, but I need more information to confirm my guess. And having Chaeyoung enlighten me about the story of this mysterious hero would really help.