Chapter 8: Eomoni

Lisa Pov

I'm a simple person they say. And I agree with them, because there's so many things in life that we just need to appreciate to be contented.

I always believe we just need to appreciate even the smallest things, so we can find happiness. So I always wonder why some people have to be difficult?

But being difficult isn't something that should be wrong, it's normal everyone can be as grumpy as they want. I cannot judge them. But instead, I want to understand, I know there's always a reason.

I don't want to change them. And say please be happy, stop being sad. I know it's not something we can force. But I want something as simple as making them smile, even once.

I want to make her smile.

I smirked and covered my mouth, as I realize how ridiculous I sound.

But the song she's singing, and how she's singing it now, I felt her sadness.

Or I'm just being delusional. I shook my head.

And continues to listen.

Through the night that was endlessly long and thick and dark
I know your wish has silently disappeared
I'll wait for a long time, I will definitely find you
Even if you're so far that I can't see you
Let's go, to the place at the tip of dawn

I swallowed hard.

The child who stands in front of me without fail
Head hanging low but never crying
When I sadly hold out my hand, the child runs away
So I hold onto the empty air by myself

Even if it hurts so much
I won't forget this time
The words that waited so long by itself

I was mesmerized, by how deep the song was. I wonder if this song means anything to her.

Through the night that was endlessly long and thick and dark
I know your wish has silently disappeared
I'll wait for a long time, I will definitely find you
Even if you're so far that I can't see you
Let's go, to the place at the tip of dawn

Through the endlessly lost, cold and cruel days
I know your name that has silently been forgotten
I won't stop, I'll shout out several times
Even if you're so far that I can't believe it
Let's go, to the place at the tip of dawn

The song finally ended.

And I felt weird. I bit my lip and furrowed my brows. This is weird? My heart is beating way too frantic. Maybe I was moved by that performance.

It was honestly perfect, she sang it perfectly. My lips curve a smile, as I was thinking she can be an idol as well.

I was thinking of giving her an applause, and I was about to do that when a loud clap coming from the opposite table made it first. Jin-goo sunbaenim stood up and gave her a loud cheer as he clapped excitedly. And everyone joins him seconds after.

"Are you about to applaud her?", Seulgi asked while she's clapping herself, I snapped out and notice my hands were stuck up on the air.

"Yes? I am. Hahaha haha", I laughed awkwardly while giving her an applause. Seulgi eyed me suspiciously, that got me nervous. Why am I actually acting like I was caught? My lips pursed as I turn my head towards the stage and avoiding Seulgi's eyes.

I thought Sunbae will go down after showing us a soulful performance, but I was wrong.

She didn't because everyone pushed her to sing more. And she was easily convinced, she's like a different person when she's drunk. The smile on her face didn't go off. And I found myself smiling as I watch her have fun on the stage.