Julia and Carlos Pena

“Come on Julia” Carlos said pulling at his wife’s hand. Carlos and Julia have been married for about two years now and were soon expecting their first child. “Hold on, babe” Julia said grabbing her purse. “I have to take it easy, remember?” She said softly. Carlos smiled and pulled her close to him and kissed her softly. “I remember, I remember” he said. Julia smiled and patted Carlos’ chest. “Let’s go” she said smiling. Carlos locked the door and then took her hand and they left the apartment building. Carlos hit the elevator button and they waited for the elevator to come down. “What are we looking for today?” Carlos asked as he and Julia stepped into the elevator.

            “Clothes, there’s a cute little boutique just a few blocks away. That’s why we’re walking!” Julia said. The elevator stopped at the lobby and Carlos and Julia stepped out. “Have a good day Mr. and Mrs. Pena” James, the doorman said. Carlos nodded and Julia smiled warmly and the two left the apartment complex and walked on down the street. Carlos hummed softly as they walked, swinging their hands back and forth. “I can't wait for our little bundle of joy” Carlos said smiling. “If you Istagram it, I’ll smack you” Julia said laughing. Carlos laughed and bumped someone in the shoulder. “Oops, sorry ma’am” Carlos said.

            “Carlos? Carlos Pena?” The girl said. Carlos looked at her. “Long time, no see!” She cried. “Do I know you?” he asked a bit confused. The girl turned and looked at Julia. “Who are you?” The girl asked snobbishly. “I can ask you the same question” Julia snapped. “I don’t know who you are” Carlos said. “But this is my wife Julia” “Oh wife? What happened to ‘I’m not the marrying type’?” The girl asked. “Who the hell are you?” Julia snapped. “Carlos’ ex-girlfriend, Samantha” the girl said. Carlos cocked his head to the side. “Samantha McDonald?” Carlos asked. Samantha nodded. “Really though Carlos. What happened to ‘I’m not the marrying type’?” “I met Julia” Carlos said. “Now if you’ll excuse us, we have some baby shopping to do” Carlos squeezed Julia’s hand and then they walked off. “Did you really say that to her?” Julia asked. “Yeah…” Carlos said quietly. “So why’d you marry me then?” Julia asked. Carlos smiled a bit. “What can I say? Love makes a man do some crazy things” Julia grinned and kissed him softly. “I love you” She said smiling. Carlos smiled. “I love you too, Mrs. Pena”