Chapter 28

If you could ask for a miracle, what would it be?

Cyen's POV

Grabbing my phone, I dropped it in my front pocket as I walked out of my office. 

As Madisson noticed me, she quickly got up. 

"Mr. Black is waiting for you in the conference room, sir," she said as she followed my trail. 

"I don't want to be disturbed during this meeting, Madisson. Call me only if it's an emergency or if it's my wife," I said before watching her face disappear behind the metal doors of the elevator. 

A few minutes later, I pushed the door of the conference room open to see Jack Black sitting at the end of the table. 

"Niarchos," Jack said with a grin playing on his face. 

"Black, do we have to do this every time," I said 

Chuckling, I shook the hand that he put forward. 

"So what do you have for me," I said as we both took a seat. 

"I have been keeping an eye on her and there has been nothing out of the ordinary. But what I can tell you is that Miss Jensen has been recently attending a lot of the events that your parents have been attending. And I can definitely say that she has been talking to them a lot," he said, frowning. 

He reached for the envelope laying on the table and pulled out a stack of pictures. 

"These are the pictures that we managed to get," he said. 

Grabbing the pile of photos, I started to examine them. There she was, talking to my parents. 

"What is she trying to do," I said under my breath as I kept on contemplating the photographs. 

"Do you think she might be thinking to manipulate your parents in some ways," Jack asked, as he gave me his pensive look. 

"The question is what is her real motive," I said, the uneasiness settling in the pit of my stomach. 

"Remind me why you want me to keep an eye on her," he said. 

"Just do your goddamn work, Black," I said as I glared at him. 

"What did I do? I'm just asking. You don't have to be a dick about it," he said as he held his hand in surrender. 

"I just feel like she is planning something... Something big," I said. 

Rubbing my forehead, I sighed as I felt the unfamiliar feeling of fear erupting. 

"Do you want to hear what I found on your wife," Jack asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. 

"I forgot about that," I said, earning a chuckle from him. 

Blair's POV

Looking at the trees drifting away, I couldn't help the nagging feeling lingering. 

Nathan was singing at the top of his voice as carefree as ever. I laughed as I listened to him butcher the song with so much confidence. 

"I see you laughing," he said abruptly as he pulled up to the underground parking lot. 

"I'm just enjoying your melodious voice," I said, trying my best not to laugh. 

"I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not," he said while glaring at me. 

Ignoring his glares, I walked towards my car as I waved him goodbye.