15

I stood in front of the mirror against the wall in my dormitory. How did I get here? How did I become what I am? I caressed my collarbones as I noticed they had become more prominent. I still looked the same for the most part but the light in my eyes was gone. I looked dead. I looked as dead as my friends did. It's like the Dark Lord is a disease, it spreads and destroys everything it touches. I could see myself falling apart. I was empty. I couldn't feel anything.

"Take that stupid necklace off," Pansy said behind me taking me out of my train of thought. I turned on my heel.

"It's my turn to watch over it," I answered sharply.

"Yeah, well, it's making you look more like Bellatrix every second you have it around your neck," She said taking the necklace off of me. "I don't think a difference of five minutes will change the schedule all that much," she added putting the jewelry on herself. It fell between her breasts a perfect green square locket. It was beautiful but most definitely evil.

I felt the joy seeping back into me. It was a strange feeling. The locket took away everything that made me happy and replaced it with dread and evil thoughts. It was like having your own personal dementor falling you around. I was starting to think that it must be how it feels to be in Azkaban. If everything goes to shit that's where I will be spending the rest of my life regardless if I'm a Potter or not. I may as well get used to it.

"So, are you going to tell me about Malfoy to make me feel better?" Pansy asked kicking off her shoes and laying on her bed. Her skirt ruffled up as she did so. I rolled my eyes at my friend's antics to shorten her skirts. She had been wearing the same one since we were in 4th year.

"There's nothing to say," I answered with a shrug sitting on my own bed to face her.

"Oh, I'm tired of this nonsense, Ivy. This is getting tiring. You're my best friend you know. You can't keep secrets from me forever." She said with a huff of frustration. Every day that passed that I kept lying to Pansy made me feel more and more guilty.

I sighed realizing there was no point in keeping Draco a secret from Pansy. She knew that there was something up and the more I push it off the worst this will get for me. With Bellatrix Lestrange placing a huge target on my back I had to admit I was scared to talk about what was happening. I didn't want to be, but I was.

"He's in love with me," I answered simply. Pansy smiled like a Cheshire cat before jumping at the opportunity to gossip about our friend.

"Do you love him?" She asked perked up.

"Of course, I do," I said casually. I didn't want this to be a big fuss. We were days away from killing our headmaster and joining the Death Eaters. Love was not a word that was thrown around often in the world of The Dark Lord.

"So, are you guys...together?" Pansy hinted with a giggle. I had a feeling that Theo had already spilled the beans. Draco probably told him when he caught me in Draco's bed the other night. I should have known that she knew this whole time.

"If you're implying that we are shagging then yes we are," I rolled my eyes. She didn't seem all too upset.

"Why didn't you tell me?! Why did Theo have to tell me?" She whined. I knew it was coming.

"I'm scared, Pansy," I tell her honestly. "Bellatrix Lestrange knows, and she wants me dead," I add for context.

"Excuse me what?" she asks confused.

"When we got back from Christmas holiday a letter was sent to Draco. Someone got a picture of us kissing at your engagement party. She was not too pleased."