06.

{ A large wooden goblet sat alone in a misty field

Fiona cautiously approached the ordinary chalice. As she advanced towards the cup she watched as blue-white flames grew from the pit of the cup. The flames danced wildly along the hewn rim, like witches prancing around a bonfire. Fiona watched the flames, mesmerized, not even aware of her own hand reaching out to grasp the flaming cup before her.

But another had reached the cup first. Fiona watched longingly as the cup was pulled away from her outstretched hand. The young man held the goblet to his lips and drank in the magnificently colored flames, his facial features were blurred by the fire in the goblet.

The body before her fell to the ground, lifeless.

Behind where the young man who took the goblet once stood was a man laughing manically. Freckles painted his pale skin and a mop of sandy colored hair draped over his cold dark eyes. Fiona knew she had never seen this man before, and yet, she felt certain he was no stranger. Floating next to the laughing man were a pair of slanted red eyes. The red eye's narrowed on Fiona, and gleefully turned their gaze to the dead body in the space between them.

Fiona followed the snake-like gaze of the crimson eyes only to discover the body before her belonged to someone she had known her whole life. Cedric.

"Cedric?" She called out, but there was no response from her brother. Instead, the sandy-haired man's laughter only grew louder.

"Cedric wake up!" Fiona screamed over the cackling laughter of the man standing over her brothers' body. She reached out to him, only to find that his body was cold and hard as stone. }

Suddenly her vision of the laughing man, the red eyes, and Cedric's body disappeared. There was no blackness, just absence.

The laughter had been replaced by birds chirping from the open window, and a light autumn breeze ruffling the wind chimes hanging from her four-poster bed. Fiona listened to the birds and the wind for a moment before finally sitting up.

"Morning," Heidi yawned from the bed next to her.

"Morning," Fiona had an odd, hollow feeling in the pit of her stomach. Her mind was still so locked on the image of Cedric's cold and lifeless body from her dreams.

She couldn't explain how she knew it was Cedric; she hadn't known her brother's appearance since she was 6. But just as she somehow knew the laughing man was no stranger, she knew the body that had fallen in front of her was her brother.

"Let's get down to breakfast, I could eat a hippogriff," Heidi excitedly whispered as she pushed her canary yellow covers aside and stepped onto the wooden floor of the dormitory.

Fiona nodded.

Heidi stopped on her way to the dormitory bathroom and looked back at Fiona. She seemed nonplussed.