scene 101- return

"Hello, Zelda."
"Hello, Link. How did you sleep?"
"I couldn't get to sleep, so I went out for a bit. Once I came back, I slept alright. How did you sleep?"
"I slept fine."

Zelda smiled and walked away, heading toward Castle Town.

It was almost done being rebuilt. They'd start work on the castle soon. He didn't want to go in there, so he decided that he'd probably stay with the others more. Zelda would be fine with that, right?

What if...
What if he brought someone along with him? Zelda had been able to go there.
He wouldn't bring Zelda again, though. She'd be busy.

He began to walk into the city, still thinking.
Someone caught his eye.
Morgan.
He could bring her. She was nice. It wasn't like he knew anyone else.

He walked up to her, waving.

"Hey!"
She turned and beamed upon seeing him.
"Link! It's been ages! I heard that you got shot in the neck with an arrow. Someone said that you died, but I guess not."
He rubbed the back of his neck, looking down.
"Heheh. Uh, yeah. I almost died. Um, I wanted to ask you a question."
"Sure. Ask away."

"Would you like to come meet my friends?"
"Of course! I'd love to!"
"That's good. The method of travel is a bit... odd. You'll see what I mean. When do you think a good time will be?"
"Actually, I'm not doing much this afternoon. I can meet you by the gate. Would 3 work?"

He nodded.
"Sounds like a plan."

●●●

He leaned against the wall, checking the Sheikah slate every so often. He knew he was early, but he didn't really have anything else to do.

He saw Morgan walking toward him, and he stood up straighter. When she reached him, he motioned for her to follow him, saying,
"We should do this outside."
"Um, okay."

When they were in a good spot, he took his sword out.
"Okay, hold onto the hilt with me."
She nodded and followed the direction.

He pushed the sword into the ground, and they disappeared.

They reappeared in the center of camp, and Morgan gasped.

"Wow. This is a nice place. You were right about it being an odd form of transport."
He laughed and turned to face the table.

"Hey, Wild. Who's your friend?"
"This is Morgan. Morgan, this is Twilight."
She waved. "Hello. Nice to meet you."

"Where's Time?"
"He went back out. Still upset about... whatever that was."
"Oh. Really? It's been a while."
"I know. Um, let's talk about that later."
"Good idea. Is Wind here?"

"Yup." Twilight stood up and pointed to a tree. "He's over there. He's been trying to climb that tree for a while."
"Heh." Wild walked closer to Twilight. "Do you think I should tell her?"
"Sure. It's not like she's a Yiga. Just... not too much, okay?"

There was an odd laugh from behind Wild. He looked back and saw Morgan smiling awkwardly.
"Yeah... N e v e r."
Odd reaction.
"Um, do you want to meet Wind?"
"Yes! Yes, I would."

He smiled and led her over to the tree Wind was at.
"Hey, Wind. Having any luck?"
Wind smiled at him, hanging from a branch.
"Not really... who're you?"
Morgan smiled.
"I'm Morgan."
"That's a funny name. It sounds kinda like you're saying that you want more Ganon."

Wind dropped down from the tree with a stupid smile on his face. Morgan laughed a little at the joke. Wild couldn't tell if it was a genuine laugh. She seemed awfully tense.

Wild opened his mouth to speak, bit he was interrupted by a shout from Twilight.

"Hey! Back off!"

They all looked over and saw that there was a Yiga in guys camp.
Wild narrowed his eyes.
That Yiga that he accidentally brought here. They must have found them.

Morgan swore under her breath before moving behind Wild. Before she could, however, the Yiga spotted her.

"Oh, wow. Associating yourself with these people?"
"I just met them."
"Ah. So you're here to save me. Have you finally realized that you made a bad choice?"

She stepped out from behind Wild.
"Not leaving sooner was a bad choice."
"Aw. I was hoping that you'd reconsider."
"I'd never go back."
"Oh, come on, Morgan. You know you belong with us. Not with these... scumbags."

"They aren't scumbags. If anything, you're the scumbag. The whole lot of you."
"Me? I've done nothing to hurt you."
"Really? Nothing? Say that to my sister."
"Hey, it was Kohga's orders."
"I don't believe that he'd take the initiative to tell you to do something like that. Just because I messed up one time? I think you just hate me."

"I don't hate you. Well, not if you come back."
"Never."

Morgan pulled something out of her bag.
A sickle.

She held it out and ran at the Yiga with mannerisms that Wild had only seen in a Yiga.

Two sickles clashed, struggling to overpower the other. After a tense moment, the Yiga pushed Morgan's sickle down. They slashed at her throat, but she dodged nimbly.

"A lack of training has made you weak."

Morgan took full offense to the comment, proceeding to knock the weapon out of her opponent's hand.
She then leapt at the Yiga, striking their head with the blunt side of the sickle.

They fell to the ground, and Morgan put her foot on their chest, pinning them to the ground. She looked back at Wild and mouthed, "I'm sorry," before grabbing his sword and the Yiga's arm. She pushed the sword into the ground, disappearing with the Yiga.