Chapter 5

I swear to God, Eric is definitely the anti-christ. I mean he is so rude. I have only seen him 5 times in 3 months, since we got married and each time he just glares me down like I killed his cat, I mean come on!

I was busy filling in some forms for work, at the kitchen counter. Even though I maybe married to a billionaire I need my own independence. I sure as hell wasn't gonna sit at home and rely on a man. Especially a man like him I thought as I rolled my eyes, so I kept my job.

"Ah, sweetheart your mother-in-law is on the phone for you." shouted Rosa.

"On my way!" I shouted back and ran for the phone down stairs.

"Hello Elisa." I said with a smile. During the past few months I became rather close to my mother in law.

"My darling Violet, how are you and how have you been angel ?" she asked concerned. Last week I had the flu pretty bad and I ended up spending two weeks at home.

"I guess I'm good. I was just emailing my doctors certificate to work because I'm starting work again tomorrow." I explained to her, " How are you and Gabriel?" I asked. Gabriel was Eric's father; who for some reason wasn't at the wedding so I never really got a chance to meet him. I have only heard bits and pieces about him from Elisa and occasionally Ella.

"Oh honey we're great. I'm calling to remind you about my annual gala that I host at the beginning of Spring. Please don't forget, it's tomorrow." She told me yet again for the past few weeks Elisa, Ella and I have been on joint calls discussing decor for the gala. Even though Ella was heavily involved in the planning she wouldn't be able to come for the party because she lived in England. Thoughts of Ella made me wonder about my own family that were back in Italy. I didn't get to see them probably and hoped to see them soon.

Elisa's voice dragged me out of my thoughts "Violet?  Darling, Could you do me a favor and please drag my son out of his office?" You couldn't  help but agree to her request. It was the first time she asked me for a favor after all.

"Not a problem." I told her as I faked the confidence in my voice. Oh my word. She really thinks I can do anything.

So much faith she has in me.

"Anyway I got to run sweetie. Love you Angel bye." she said in a chirpy voice.

"Love you too bye." I replied quickly before she hung up. Eric had truly been blessed with a mother like her and I think in a way so I was I considering that she was now my mother-in-law... but she really has asked a lot of me.

Agh!!! This day has barely began and my stress levels have hit it's peak. This guy is gonna give me an aneurysm.

                 °×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

After breakfast  I thought I would visit Eric by the office, with lunch and tell him about his mother's request. So I had a shower and put on a white Polar neck jumper and a black and white checked skirt that reached my knees, paired with knee high black high heel boots.