Tony Stark X Reader - Next To Me

A/N - This imagine is based on the song 'Next To Me' by Imagine Dragons. It's a little short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

"How're you doing, handsome?" Tony glanced up at you from his desk for a moment, some semblance of a half-hearted smile toying at his lips until he returned his eyes to his work.

"I'm good." It always happened like this, Tony would get a new project and he would throw himself into it without a hesitation. Sometimes, you wouldn't see him for days at a time, only catching a glimpse as he took a speedy bathroom break.  During these times, Tony became basically incapable of caring for himself. He wouldn't eat anything, consuming coffee at a rate that would be deemed unsafe for most people, and barely seeing the sun. 

"You eaten today?" Tony hummed, eyes still fixed on the gadget he was working on. "Baby?" He glanced up at you again, seeing your stern expression and putting his tools down for a moment. "What have you had to eat today?"

He shrugged. In all honesty, he couldn't remember the last time he had a proper meal... or the last time he slept for that matter. 

"Wrong answer," you uttered softly, shaking your head. "Come on, dinner and bed. You'll work way better tomorrow if you are properly rested." You chuckled at the exasperated sigh he released, smiling when he, nonetheless, did as he was told. 

You sat in the kitchen with him as he ate, making sure that he wouldn't attempt to escape back to the lab whilst your back was turned. 

He chewed slowly, catching your eye every now and again, and seeing your smile spread whenever he looked at you. You really did love him, he knew it as well as you did, but sometimes he didn't quite understand it. You were perfect. Kind and caring, and yet still strong enough to put your foot down when he pushed you too far. Stunning. Confident. Smart. Effortless. God, there were so many things about you that made you perfect, and so many things that made him feel unworthy of your love. And yet, you were still here, loving him. 

Tony placed his fork down on the counter, watching you carefully when you narrowed your eyes at the movement. "Thank you," he uttered softly, reaching his hand out to grab yours across the surface and causing you to chuckle in surprise. "I know I can be difficult, and you put up with me being an idiot all the time-"

"You aren't difficult," you answered softly, bringing his knuckles up to your lips and pressing a gentle kiss there. 

He paused for a moment, watching you. "I need to stop letting you down like this."

Your brow furrowed slightly. "Who said you were letting me down?" You took a deep breath, eyes focusing on his. "If I didn't want to look after you I wouldn't, okay? I love you, and I think you have this incredible gift, which, admittedly, you let get the better of you sometimes. But at no point have I ever felt like you've let me down." 

Tony nodded slightly, watching as you smiled at him. "I love you too."

"I know, baby," you murmured softly, "now finish your food so that we can go to bed."

Tony chuckled as he released your hand and picked his fork back up, going back to his food for just a second before looking back up at you with a smile, pausing like that for a moment.

"Baby?"

He hummed softly, still just staring at you.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Just lookin'," he uttered softly, watching as your cheeks tinted pink and you show your head. "You really are beautiful." 

"I know. You tell me every day." 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x