Chapter 35

Draco's POV

"Draco. What are you doing?" Harry asked me.

I ignored him as I approached my father. I only stood in front of him, my head bowed.

"It's good to know that you've made the right decision, Draco." My father said, a smirk grazed his lips and all I wanted to do was hex it off of him.

"Draco." Harry whispered. A plead behind his voice.

My mind was made up. There's no turning back now.

I turned to face Harry and raised my wand, pointed directly at him.

His friends tensed up and brought their wands to face me. Harry's wand, however lowered from my father. His grip weakened on the wand and his face grew pale. Harry's eyes glossed over and it pained me to see him this way.

"You promised you would never hurt me." His voice wavered, the look on his face pained me, but I had to go through with it.

"I know what's important in my life. I won't let that slip from my mind." I said loud and clear, my wand never wavering.

The words paused on my lips. Hesitation ate away at me. This very moment will determine what my part is in this war.

"Do it, Draco! Now!" My father yelled.

My wand was at the ready. I needed to prepare myself for what I was about to do.

In an instant I turned my wand and pointed it at my father. "Stupefy!" He fell to the ground. I froze.

I actually just did that. I actually just went against my father.

That's the end of it. I'm officially against him. I'm his enemy. I can never return home. I can never call him my father again.

Spells began to fly across the room as the other death eaters began to attack us.

"Draco!" Someone pushed me to the ground just as a string of green light flew past me.

I hit the cold ground and whatever pushed me down clutched me tightly.

Harry held me firmly, his body shaking and his head buried in my chest.

"Harry."

"I thought you were going to betray me. It hurt so much, I thought I might've lost you."

He looked up at me, fresh tears fell down his face and off his chin. My heart clenched at the expression he wore. "I could never. Harry, remember when I said that I know what's important in my life?" He nodded his head. "Well that's you, Harry. I could never betray you because I love you."

"You love me?" He asked in a whisper.

"That's nice and all, but we could really use your help, guys!" Weasley shouted.

Only then did I remember that we were in the middle of a battle.

Harry stood up and pulled me along with him. "Let's do this. Together." I told him.

He smiled at me and nodded his head.

We whipped out our wands and went back to back with each other.

We fought tooth and nail against them, but they were just too powerful to take them all on.

I blasted through one of them and made us a path to escape.

"Guys! Over here!" I called. Harry and the other two whipped their heads to me and followed me as we disappeared within the corridors.

We came across a room and all of us clambered in before closing and locking the door.