Chapter 22

The attack had been brought on by someone breaking the protective field that surrounded the school. The High Priest had put one in place after that thing broke into the House of Warriors to abduct me. The dark magic used to break the protective barrier attracted a hoard of gollums. Gollums are beings that are half demon half shadow walker. They enjoy living in places filled with high concentrations of dark magic, which is why they were able to flood the campus when the barrier broke. Thankfully no one was killed during the attack, just injured. The reason we had been forced to stay in the Houses was because the High Priest and a few others were using their abilities to scan over the entire campus, trying to find whatever broke the barrier. They found it had gone into the catacombs beneath the school, then left not long after. The only reason I know all of this, was because I was walking back to the House of Warriors after training and heard a couple of teachers talking. Apparently the High Priest is trying to figure out which artifact was taken from the vault in the catacombs. Of course I kept everything I learned to myself. 

It's been a month since the attack. Afterwards life went back to normal. Normal for most of us, at least. Lately my weekends have been filled with me being in a bikini, taking photos for the warrior bikini calendar. For January I wore a gold bikini with a white sash that had gold letters saying Happy New Year, on it. I also had black hat and black heels. The back drop was a New Years eve party. For February I was cupid. I wore a shiny red one piece that was backless. I had large white wings and a quiver of pink and red arrows hanging on my right hip. I also wore red archer gloves, red fishnets, and red leather knee high heeled boots. The back drop was a firework of a heart behind me. For March I wore black bikini bottoms and a gold bikini halter style top to symbolize being the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I wore ankle heeled boots, large gold hoop earrings, and I had a gold bladed sword. I was sitting at the bottom of the rainbow, one leg bent with my arm hanging off of my knee with the tip of the sword touching the ground, and the hilt leaning against my shoulder. For April I wore an outfit much similar to a playboy bunny's. It was a soft baby pink color and I wore baby blue heels. I had plastic grenades painted to look like Easter Eggs. In the photo I was standing in a meadow smiling as I tossed them into the air. For May she got nerdy and decided to do a Star Wars theme for May the Fourth be with you. I wore a one piece swim suit that styled like Darth Vader's suit, the cloak around my shoulders, knee high heeled boots, and one of my feet was on the Darth Vader helmet. I had a red light saber in my hand as well. 

I wasn't a fan of Star Wars, but I had to admit, I made a sexy Darth Vader. 

For June it was for the Summer Solstice. I wore a bright yellow bikini with a orange flower crown on my head. The back drop was of me standing in the sun, surrounded by sunflowers. To my right was an altar with candles, summer flowers, and tangerines soaking up the sunlight. For July I wore a red, white, and blue bikini with a red and white stripped hat. I also had a blue rocket launcher that had USA painted in white on it stuffed with fireworks. The background was a mirage of bright fireworks behind me. For August both National Book Lovers day and National Dog day were both during that month. So I wore a white and black bikini with the bottoms looking like a mini skirt. I sat relaxing with a book on War Tactics in my hands with Lykos sitting by my feet. To add to it, I was wearing a pair of glasses to give me that nerdy look. I also had other books in a stack next to me as well. For September, she did National Video Games day. I wore a bikini styled like Jinx's outfit from League of Legends. I had a pink gaming headset on with a matching controller in my hands. I had gaming set up with a wall of various posters like God of War, Tomb Raider, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, and Animal Crossing. I was on a couch with Lykos curled up next to me. For October I was in a dark green bikini with knee high boots , a green mask, and a Robin Hood hat. I wore brown leather archer's gloves with a bow and arrows. 

For November, I wore a black bikini and a pilgrim hat with a Thanksgiving Feast behind me. And for December I wore a red and white Santa suit style bikini with knee high boots, and my whip curled on my hip. I stood by my sleigh with my sack of weapons at my feet. 

The calendar was a major hit with many people. I enjoyed seeing Azazel as Mr. October for her men's calendar. His photo was the most daring since he was naked in his photo. He was in a room much like a dungeon. Cuffs with chains hanging from his wrists. A red cloak was in his hand that he held to hang in front of his manhood. The theme was dark angel prisoner who broke free from his cell, and to be honest it was my favorite picture. 

I found Azazel in the common room with Reggie and Joseph when I leaned over the back of the couch, wrapping my arms around his neck, one of my hands holding open the calendar to his page, "Can I get your autograph handsome?" "For a price," He told me. "And what's that price," I asked him curiously. He didn't reply, just turned his head to kiss me. "PDA!" Joseph yelled before hitting me with a pillow. "Get a room," Reggie said to us. 

Kylen then came in, "Guys you have got to see this." He then snatched the remote and changed the channel to the news. The news was talking about the Games we had a month ago. Then the calendars that were published. Everyone around the world purchased them, and they sold really well. "How old are they usually when they get marked," One of the reporters said. "Early twenties," Her male companion told her. "How come the school allows something like this," Another said as images of the calendar appeared. "As you all know, my sister is marked as a Priestess," the man said. "And I once asked her about this. She told me, it's the only chance the students really have to do anything fun and daring. Those who take part do get a cut of the profits as well as the school, and it's those who are subscribed to the owner's page gets to vote on who poses for which month from each of the houses. The girl who does the calendars is named Tiffany Sanders. She was a huge YouTube vlogger, known mostly for her photography. When she was marked to be a child of Prophecy, she continued her vlogging. Her popularity since then has just sky rocketed. However, it's the girl's fourth year, so it's a possibility she may not survive another few months. Once marked, you have a four year time frame to either fully settle into your gifts or you die. Some don't even make the full four years. It just happens. So to see that these students are enjoying themselves, despite knowing they could die at any moment, it's nice to see."  "So you're saying that because they're going to die it's okay for them to do this," one of the women said. "We all die some day Tod." 

"Yes, but usually it's either by something naturally occurring," Tod told her. "I know you watched the Games. Didn't you see that kid burst into flames during the first dinner?" "That had to be some trick so they could put that girl into the fighting tournament," She replied with a wave of her hand. I could hear the wolves and vampires growl in anger towards her.  "No Marcie. That man actually died, and his parents had to watch as their son died out of no where," He told her. "He was only a second year student with the ability to bring forth flames. Every day a few students die at each of the schools. As each year passes, they're pressured with the fact that their time is coming. Once during visitation week with my sister I watched as one of the students suffocated to death. He had the ability to control the wind. His gift killed him. These calendars, the games, and several other things each school does, allow the kids to get their minds off of it." 

It then went to commercial. "Come on!" A few them yelled in annoyance. "Let them think what they want," Joseph said. "We don't have to explain anything to them." He had a point, but it pissed me off knowing there were people out there who thought that so easily. As if, they couldn't accept something beyond scientific explanation. Oh well, there will be idiots like that everywhere I guess. 

We continued to watch it till it ended. After that they put on some stupid sports game. Azazel and I then decided to go upstairs to my room. I hung the calendar by my bed and he laughed as he shook his head. He pulled me towards him, "Since your weekends are now free, will you go on a date with me this Friday?" I wrapped my arms around his neck, "I would love too." His phone then buzzed. He looked at it then sighed, "Training time with my mentor." He gave me a quick kiss before leaving.

I sighed softly once the door shut. Our training has been heavily increased since the attack and honestly it was hard on all of us. We don't complain though. At least not verbally. I prayed things eased up soon or some may snap with the suffocation of it all.