thirteen

EMARA
**
***
*****

Kade said that he wanted to go shopping with me but I didn't expect him to be hovering close to me the way Kylar did when he was on his shifts; his hand was always protectively around the small of my back, his body close to me, and a smug grin played on his lips the entire time we were together.

He knew people would be watching.

"You're small," he said as we walked, making me glare up at him.

"I'm five-seven," I muttered, looking down at how my heels made me at least another three inches taller.

"You're still short," Kade mumbled, chuckling when I smacked his shoulder. "If I have to look down at you when you're wearing three-inch heels then you're short, I don't care what you say."

I grunted and he grinned, tilting my head up. I smiled up at him and he returned it with a grin, giving my cheeks a squish before walking into Victoria's Secret.

"Are you kidding me, Kade?" I grumbled, forcing a smile at the cashier. "I'm not shopping here with you, of all people."

Kade smirked, his hand sliding around my waist as he guided me towards the skimpy and barely-there lingerie sets. It was odd how usually it was the women forcing the men inside but Kade seemed more than happy to buy bras and panties and lingerie with/for me.

"What about white?" He asked me, taking a set down from the hanger to look at me.

It was simple; a laced bra with straps going up and across my back, a lacy white thong and a matching garter belt with straps that hung loosely below. Kade held it to my body and whistled, then hummed. I felt my cheeks flush and I looked away, making him chuckle and put it in the small bag we were given.

"And this light pink one," he said, taking another and throwing it in the baggie. I watched with wide eyes as he stacked set after set, always putting them to my body before putting them in.

"I'm gonna spoil your fine ass," Kade spoke to me with a smirk, "I hope you know that."

I glowered at him. "No."

"No?"

"No, Kade."

He hummed, grabbing a burgundy set and putting it in the bag. I huffed and he chuckled, taking the bag from me and continuing to the bras. I wrapped my arms around Kade from behind and pointed to a black silk nightgown, and he grabbed it and put it in the bag.

"This is all so expensive," I murmured as I pointed at things I liked.

"I could buy everything in here if I wanted to, baby," Kade told me, making his way to the cashier. "You're lucky I want to leave so you can model these for me."

I felt a blush creep in and I opened my mouth to protest but he continued speaking.

"I'll take some pictures," he continued, biting his lip lightly as we moved up in the line. "I'll get you a white covered background and I'll be your photographer — it'll be like one of your photo shoots."

I snorted. "Yeah, except every second you're trying to convince me to take everything off."

Kade smirked. "What's underneath it all is a much better view."