19

Klaus had hated Portland

Klaus had hated Portland. It was not as though he was not happy with the fact that he was able to make Hybrids, to become his soldiers. He was. He just hated the fact that he was far away from Luna.

The necessity of having Hybrids had changed, at first, it was for Klaus to fill the gaping hole that was left by his family, to have a sense of having a family. Now though, have the hybrids is for the sole purpose of protecting Luna. Then, all of a sudden, he got a call from Stefan Salvatore.

"Portland is fantastic once you can get over all the whiney music and healthy-looking people," Klaus spoke into the phone in a joking manner. As he answered a call from Stefan Salvatore, a man who was a part of planning his demise.

"It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves," Klaus added on.

"Your father's dead," Stefan replied going straight to the point.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus replied. The anger was evident in his voice.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead," Stefan replied. He was speaking as though he was talking about the weather, not about someone dying, he was very nonchalant about it.

"Mikael, daggered," Stefan stated. Klaus' breath hitched through the phone, not knowing if what Stefan had said was true or not.

"What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan asked. Playing the role of being compelled by Klaus almost perfectly.

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened," Klaus replied. 

He still would and could not believe that the man who had broken him was dead for good. The man who had made Klaus into who he was, and the man that Klaus hated more than anyone else on this planet. After a lengthy explanation by Stefan, which for the most part was staged, Klaus replied,

"I want to see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself," Klaus snarled into the phone.

"Well, he's here. Come by whenever," Stefan spoke. He spoke as though he did not care when Klaus would come, but he knew that this event would force Klaus back into Mystic Falls.

"If you're lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you," Klaus started.

"So answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?" Klaus finished. There was heavy breathing through the phone at first, and then a reply came,

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes," Stefan added on. He wanted his words to be as authentic as possible, and it seemed as though Klaus was buying it.

"I want to talk to Rebekah," Klaus stated. Not fully accepting the fact that Mikael was dead.

"That's not a problem," Stefan replied. He then was getting ready to give the phone to Rebekah, who was standing right next to him,

"She's right here," with that, Rebekah was now on the phone.

"Hello, Nik," Rebekah replied. She was hesitant in replying, the reason being that she was hesitant about going against Klaus, not wanting to go against her brother in the first place.

"Rebekah, love," Klaus began.

"What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?" Klaus asked. He was hoping that Rebekah would tell him the truth, but she replied quite quickly,

"It's true," Rebekah said. Her voice started out quiet, but it got stronger as she said,

"He's finally out of our lives for good,"

"I miss you. I'm miserable here," Rebekah added on. It was true for the most part, and Rebekah had not seen Luna since she met Luna at the school. It was freaking Rebekah out a little bit.

"I'll be home soon," Klaus replied gently.

"Good. I'll see you then, brother," Rebekah finished, and she ended the call.