2.3 - Christmas - Lights

Lucy's POV

'I know I said not fancy but aren't you gonna be cold outside in that? I mean I wish we can go out in our pyjamas too but I don't want you to get sick because of me!' He chuckles and I laugh along with him.

'Umm... come on in. I just need to change.' I quickly check the time on my phone, '6:35! Shit. Sorry! The hair took longer than expected...' I apologise.

'It's okay. You look great! And as long as you feel just as good as you look, take as much time as you need!'

'Thank you! You're so sweet.'

He smiles at me, slightly rubbing my arm. I hesitantly lead him to the sitting room.

'Umm... Okay... Niall, this is my best friend Jamie. Jamie? You're gone! Right?'

'Yeah! I have a thing anyway! Niall, nice to meet you! Take care of my little Lucy or else you have to deal with me! Okay? Okay. Bye babe. Have fun, don't do what I would do. Or you know what? Do! You deserve some fun!'

'Oh my god! Shut up! I'll text you later!'

'I want all the details!' She smirks, heading towards the front door.

'Go!'

When she closes the door behind her, I feel myself letting go of the breath I didn't know I was holding.

'So sorry!!' I apologise again.

'It's okay. The place looks great by the way! Very homey!'

'Might as well be! I spend a lot of time here!' I chuckle nervously. 'Need a drink while I get changed?' I ask.

'No, I'm good thanks! I'll just be here!' He says, making himself comfortable on the sofa.

I get changed quickly into the black skinny jeans, the burgundy jumper, and the black Chelsea boots. I shuffle through my accessories box looking for my rings and the earrings I always wear even though I always look for other ones first.

'Okay! I'm ready! Let's go!'

'Hold on, why are you in such a hurry? I wanna take a good look at you!'

He stands next to me in front of the front door. He then takes my hand looking at me up and down, then he makes me twirl, which reminds me of my parents when I was going to prom years ago.

'Still stunning!' He finally says in a soft voice making my heart melt and my cheek blush.

'Thank you!' I beam before leading him out the door and locking it behind us.

A pleasant but silent ride later, and after we finally found a spot to park the car, we start walking towards the market. The closer we get and the brighter the lights get, the more excited I feel. I'm clinging to his arm because even though I'm wearing a cosy coat, somehow, I'm still shaking. He doesn't seem to mind it though. He's smiling widely and just by the sight of that I can't stop staring at him.

But then we get to the entrance and I take in all the decorations, the stalls, the lights. All the colours, yellow, white, red, and green! Sure there are more people than I can usually handle but it doesn't seem to matter right now. With Niall by my side, I feel warm and safe. Yes, I do realise how crazy this is. I mean he's still practically a stranger. But since the moment I locked eyes with him, I knew. I just knew he's the genuinely nice guy, always giving out vibes of happiness, warmth and safety. Even when he's not feeling so great himself. All it takes is one smile to just light up my world as bright and beautiful as this place is right now.