Chapter 115

"Steve please!" You start sobbing and tugging against him the second Bucky is out of your sight. "We have to go after them! I need to know what's wrong with him!"

But your fighting him is no use. He's a fricken super soldier and doesn't even struggle to hold you against him.

"(Y/N)." He grunts as he keeps his arms wrapped around you. "Just wait. If we go there it will just make the space crowded and affect there work. They don't even know what's wrong with him yet. Just give them a minute and we will be allowed in when they say."

You stop fighting. He's right.

"Can we at least go find where they are? I just need to know as soon as possible." You whimper weakly.

He nods and gives me a sad smile, taking my hand and leading me down the hall in the direction they went in. It's not even that far when we start to hear a whole lot of commotion and sure enough find them in this room which is like a big open space. It looks almost like an area that's prepped for if a whole lot of people were rushed in all at once after an incident and needed to be checked over easily and immediately.

I gasp as we look through the window. He still lays there looking lifeless and covered in blood but they've now cut his shirt off of him to reveal deep purple, circular bruises all over his torso and I can see a small but strange looking wound on his rib cage that is an angry red colour. But the weirdest thing of all is how bloated his stomach appears to be.

As one of the nurses starts to examine him, poking and prodding at his stomach it appears that he starts to stir. Screwing up his face and groaning, his head whipping to the other side and his arm which hangs off the gurney twitches a little too but he still doesn't wake up. God he must be in so much pain whatever the hell they've done to him for that to bring him too.

Steve must sense me tense up and my breath hitch because he grabs me before I even have a chance to try and move. One of the doctors looks up and lays eyes on us. She comes striding out of the room and over to us.

"He's got severe internal bleeding so we need to operate on him immediately to find out where it's coming from and if we can stop it. You can come in and see him quickly now." She states seriously before turning and rushing back in with us in pursuit.

I pause and hesitate right by him. The whole thing is so overwhelming. But then I proceed.

The doctors and nurses step away for a moment and finally the whole room settles down. Steve stands on his other side and looks over him worriedly.

"B-buck?" I sniffle and go over to him, taking his hand. "You're going to be okay."

I take a moment to look him over. He looks even worse up close. Now I can see that there is another one of those wounds in his other side too, almost identical to the other one. They look like literal holes have been burned deep into his skin and have red streaks running out of them. The bruises are some of the worst I have ever seen and are an array of spotty colours. Judging by the size a lot of them look like they may be about the size of a boot print. And his stomach which seriously looks like a balloon about to pop I'm now guessing looks that way because of the internal bleeding filling up his gut. It's nothing like the trim torso and chiseled abs that I'm used to.

I stroke my thumb over the back of his hand sadly. At my touch his brow furrows again and his eyelids flutter a little but don't focus. I can tell he's trying to draw in a deep breath but struggling.

"You're going to be-" I go to repeat but am suddenly cut off by him.

He bolts upright with a panicked look on his face, gaging before frantically leaning over the edge of the bed and vomiting... blood. And a whole lot of it at that.