BONUS CHAPTER

BONUS CHAPTER: Twenty-Forth December, Two Firsts Are Born

The sound of Maximus' deep and loving voice, is the first thing that stirs me awake. Two warm hands rub along my silk covered abdomen as Maximus continues to lowly sing to his unborn children.

I all but open my dawned green eyes and raise them to see Maximus, lying horizontally on our large bed with transparent blue curtains flowing around the two poles at the bottom. He's shirtless, besides the dark watch on his right wrist, eyes penetrating intently into my abdomen as he places fluttering kisses along the side before he continues his ministrations.

His biceps tense when he notices my gaze on his profile, all before amethyst eyes come into my vision and his stare grows intense, "I'm sorry if I woke you, Darling." He murmurs, sensually.

I scoff, "You do this routine every morning. It's alright, Maximus."

Tilting my head to the side, I close my eyes, enjoying the light breeze, a hand, dancing along my thigh has me groaning in annoyance, "No, Maximus."

He chuckles, before the sound of shuffling has my eyes opening once more to see him gazing down at me, his warm breath on my cheek, "It's true what they say about all woman readying to give life. You're one hell of a sight to see, Honey." He murmurs, one hand on my lower back and the other on my cheek, closest to the pillow.

He pulls himself forward until the warmth of his abdomen is absorbed into mine and he fully laughs in wonder when one of them starts to kick.

"Ah...that feels interesting." He chuckles, voice is hoarse and low as he melds his forward on mine and eyes look low, down in between us. He braces the back of his fingers along my silk fabric where one of the babies kicks, his touch sets the other one to kick and it practically throws Maximus unaware when he jolts,

"Bloody Hell! They're lively this morning." He mutters in widening wonder.

I only have a second to admire the extended smile on his lips before both hands brace my jaw and his eyes all but puncture mine, "I'll love you..."

"Always and forever." I murmur his answer before his full lips, heated to the touch graze mine with a small fire, all until I ignite that fire and collapses into mine. Cold as they once were, easily blanketed by his tantalising hands and he kisses me just as affectionately as they did at our wedding, a little over seven months ago now.

Maximus can't help it, he chuckles once more when an excess series of kicks follow, "Lord, you two want all the attention, don't you?" Maximus says, before he's fluttering pecks along my cheeks, before a knock sounds at the door and Maximus throws the duvet over both our torsos and grumbles under his breath.

Just as a shirtless Ivan walks through the door, Everdeen and Ryan follows behind him. Along with Andrew, holding a yawning Rosa-belle, Carter is next, yawning and the only other male, shirtless, in the room.