Chapter 37

Tony's P.O.V

Me and Wade sat in the lab for hours, trying to located the Hydra base. Nothing was showing up on the radar. It was like it didn't even exist. But Wade's Dad kept insisting on that being the location. I had already seen Wade threaten his father twice, and let me tell you, it's not a pretty sight.

Ned has helped a lot. He was able to hack into S.H.E.I.L.D.'s database AND the god damn government, giving us a lot of information on Thomas Wilson and for some reason that doctor, Dr. Faustus, was also there. Seems like he specialises with hypnotics.

Wade seemed to know quite a bit about Hydra and I wanted to ask him about it. But I never really got the right chance. But right now, it would probably be the best timing.

"Uhh... Wade?" He hums in acknowledgment. "Do you mind if I ask how you know so much about Hydra? I mean, I know your dad kind of works for them. But you... You seem to know so much about what they're planning to do with Peter."

Wade stays quiet and looks at one of the many moniters.

"I... I was the suppose to be the hitman they want to turn Peter into..." I look at him shocked and he keeps on focusing his glance towards the screens. "My dad took me to one of the secret hydra bases and I trained like a hitman. Then, after a couple of months they ran an experiment om me and it was succesful." He takes a deep breath. "They... made me kill people... innocent people. It was terrible, but signs of fear got you punished."

He glances at me a little, but quickly looks away. Then he takes another deep breath.

"I always believed that... they let me go because I just... refused to kill at one moment. And their tricks doesn't really work on me, so for that reason too. But now... When I... uhh... When dad spat out all the facts, it turns out... The reason they let us go was because the Avengers was attacking the base. I remember dad forcing me out of my cell and into a car. Then we drove off and we never got caught... Well... I guess, until now." He gets out a dry chuckle.

"Peter told me that your parents weren't really... the best." He nods and I stay silent. But that was probably a bad idea because an awkward silence came upon us. Until...

*Beep* *Beep*

"Boss, We found the Hydra base." Friday says.

A picture of a watch tower shows up on the screen and I look at Wade. He looks back at me and I know we're thinking the same thing.

Time to save Spider-Man.

.

.

.

We got the whole team in the jet and flew to the outskirts of New York. The base is somewhere in the mountains and it feels like we're flying for hours. It's also really hard to see much with all of the snow that's covering the place. Before we took off Wade forced his way on the jet, ignoring the confused glances he got from the rest of the Avengers. He kept his mask on and sat down in one of the corners and just kept on looking at the floor.

.

I am currently sitting in the front, steering the jet towards the base. I glance over at the Avengers from time to time and they all look a little worried. I can see that Stephen's hands are shaking more than usual. And then...

"Guys! Look! There it is!" I yell, pointing at the tower in the distance. Everyone stands up and crowds around my seat, looking out of the windshield. I land the jet a couple of kilometers (Sorry Americans...) away, behind one of the many hills.

We all get out except for Bruce. He's staying on the jet in case we need medical help or the green guy. We form a circle and go through the plan again.