TAKE XXVII- It Hurts

TAKE XXVII.

Akashi.

    “I don’t know what this feeling is but sometimes I wonder. Is it just me or you’re like gravity? I can’t help but think of what you think of me. I think…. After all of these times, I’ve fallen for you.”

Ow…. It hurts….

    How can she say it so casually? I like her first. That’s unfair. I should be saying it first. But I can’t.

From: Inoue Eru.

Don’t get too close with Kazuto. My dad’s aiming her.

    That very message I received when she was in the changing room disturbed me. Just for safety reason, I try to put a certain distance between us. I can’t let anyone hurt her. So when she confessed, it hurts so much. I can’t possibly reciprocate her feelings knowing Eru’s father is watching us. Her hair swayed as the wind blew. She was still back-facing me. I shut my eyes close and clenched my fists.

    “Let’s get you back home.” I said.

    I hope that doesn’t hurt her feelings. It may hurt but it’s better than a no. She seemed startled but then nodded. We walked home. It was awkward and in my heart, I was praying she’d not cry.

    “I’m sorry.”

    Was what I told her when we arrived in front of her house. Tears welled up in her eyes. It pains me seeing that. I stared at my own feet.

    “Thank you for keeping the promise,” she muttered as she walked past me. “Bye.”

    Her front door went close with a slam. I stood there frozen. She was crying. I hurt her. The door went opened once again. “Seijuurou?” it was Shiori.

    I looked up and saw her worried face. She approached and hugged me. My orbs widened. “Kazuto is quite complicated, she doesn’t understand her own feelings, and she can’t get her feelings straight. Dakara, you have to get her to understand you, okay? I have faith. Both of you can go together, I know. But just…. With a bit of hardwork. Good evening, Akashi Seijuurou.” She smiled, patted my head and left. I made my way back home.

____

    I leaned my back against the soft-leathered chair in my office. The paperwork is almost over. Being a president sure sucks. I glanced at my wristwatch. 14:32. Her performance must’ve already started. I wonder if I should go watch her. But on the second thought, who’d want to see someone who rejects you?

    A knock came on the door. “Come in.” I said out loud. The door opened and revealed Hibiki. “What’s it?” I queried.

    He went to sit in front without being invited. “Nothing much. It’s just that, have you seen Eru? She’s been absent since last week.”

    “She attended school last week but usually leaves early. It’s only since Friday she disappeared completely. Well, worry not. Her father must’ve given her too much work.” I replied.

    “I see…. How are you with Kazu?”

    “You better not ask about that.”

    “Fine,” he pouted then stood. “I’m gonna see your girl.”

    I glared at him and he went away with a grin. This is hard. I should get going. Seeing her even once would probably make me better. Turning off the lights and air-cons, I left the room and headed towards the hall.

    On the second thought, I might as well see Reo first and inform him about the practice next month for Winter Cup. So I headed towards his class instead.

    “Here we are!!” I heard Hibiki’s voice. I shifted my gaze from the window to the crowd in front of me. There were Kazuto, Aeri, Hibiki and Shiro being greeted by Reo, Yuta and Aki. Kazuto looked happy but she’s not happy. Her eyes are swollen. Was that because of me? I watched her. She then seemed to notice me so she turned her head. Our gazes locked for a few seconds before Reo broke in. I thought I saw her smiled.

    “Eeh! Kazu-chan! Irasshaimase!” Reo exclaimed with his ugly Frankenstein suit. I was about to approach her but,

    “Heichou!” another voice called.

    She turned her head. “Aki! Yuta!” she waved happily. Fine, maybe after this. She looked excited. I exhaled sharply and left the scene.

____

    “Thank you, Akashi-san! I’m glad you were here to help!” Shiina Sensei smiled. I nodded and left the library, heading back to my office. Ah, there are still lots of paperwork. I gazed at the scenery outside. The sun is almost setting. I wonder if Kazuto had gone back home….

    “No, I swear! I was waiting for the whole time! No one got out! Except for Aeri-san, Shiro-san and Hibiki!” I heard Aki’s voice. Frowning, I approached the group in front of the haunted house. Aeri, Shiro, Reo, Aki, Yuta and Hibiki were gathered there. It looked like there are none other students. But where’s Kazuto?

    “What’s wrong?” I spoke.

    All eyes centered on me. “A-Akashi-kun! Kazu-chan’s gone!”

    My orbs widened in horror. “What….?”

    “She went into the room alone after Yuta left her. Aki was waiting on the other side! But she never came out!” Aeri panicked. My chest tightened. Weird imaginations and bad feelings surfaced.

    “Turn on the lights, remove all stuffs from the classroom.” I ordered and entered the classroom to check.

____

    2 hours later, police had flooded the school and two of their men were interrogating Aki, Yuta and Reo. I watched them in silence. Where could she be? Aki didn’t see her coming out. The roof didn’t have any signs of being opened or anything of that sort. The window is not broken either and it was confirmed that the students had covered the window with tables and chairs. I frowned.

My dad’s aiming her.

    I flipped open my cellphone and checked back the message I received from Eru. Was she kidnapped?

[A/N: I'm so sorry for the short chapter! This chapter is just Akashi's pov so the next chapter may be up in a few hours. thank you for reading!!

by my leave, mortals....

love, Ryuuki <3]