43.

Dave

The next morning I was woke up by a very hyper Kairi. "Daddy wake up!" she yelled jumping on my bed. "Kairi sit down before you fall and hurt ya self, I don't need ya moms tryna kill me." She sat at the foot of the bed as I stretched and made my way to the bathroom. I heard her little footsteps follow up behind me. She used the bathroom while I brushed my teeth, I helped her wipe herself and we brushed her teeth. Afterwards I washed her face and sat her on my bed to watch cartoons, I quickly peed and washed my hands. I walked out and picked up her little suitcase and got her clothes out for the day. She ran away after she noticed what I had in my hands, "Kairi bring ya butt here!" She laughed and kept running. "Alright, I'm about to call ya mama." I guess when she heard me say that she quickly came over to me. I helped her get out of her pjs and into her outfit of the day. I ain't know how to do hair so I did my signature messy bun and called it a day. When I finished I handed her my phone as I found my drip for the day. Once I got dressed, I carried her downstairs to the kitchen. I sat her down at the table and made her some breakfast which consisted of eggs and bacon. I made me a smoothie, and I checked my phone and saw that I had a few messages from Ryan & baby. I checked Ryan's message first cause it could be something important.

MyWife💍❤️: Goodmorning , call me when you and Kai wake up , love you 👅 -8:13am

I went to her contact and FaceTimed her, after a few rings her beautiful face popped up on my screen. "Hey babe." She said finishing up whatever she was doing to her hair. "Hey beautiful. What you doing?" I asked helping Kai with her food. "Nothing trying fix my bun, what are y'all doing?"
"Eating breakfast Kairi say hey to ya mama." I said holding the phone towards her.
"Hi mommy." She cheesed at the phone. "Hey my love, how'd you sleep?" Kairi shrugged all dramatic and Ryan laughed. "Well I'm about to finish getting ready love you." Ryan said to her as she handed the phone back to me. "Alright ima see you in a lil bit, love you babygirl." I said into the phone. "I love you more." and with that we hung up. Kairi and I finished our breakfast and we cleaned up our mess. Once we gathered all her stuff we were on our way out the house. I locked the door and set the alarm, and made my way to the car. I strapped her in her seat and got in the drivers seat.

The drive to Ryan's house wasn't far since the traffic wasn't that bad. Once Kairi saw we were at home she quickly undid her seatbelt and climbed into the front seat. She looked around and grabbed my phone. "Take picture?" She asked holding the phone up to me. I laughed cause she was really a character, I opened up the camera and snapped a few pictures. I posted one on my Instagram.

@DaveEast : spitting image of me, just the female version🤦🏽‍♂️💙

@AugustAlsina : fam❤️

@4EverBrooke : Kai🥰

@RyanDestiny : whole hearts 🥺💙

After we took the pictures she was ready to get out now. I helped her out and we walked to the front door, I knocked and Ryan's mama opened the door. "Good morning Dave." She said embracing me into a hug and then focused her attention on Kairi who had kicked off her shoes. "Ma!" Kairi yelled going up the stairs. "Be careful." Me and Miss Simone called out to her. Once she was out of sight , the attention was back on me. "Can I talk to you real quick?" She asked me leading me to the den. I followed behind her and the only thing that could be the reason she wants to talk is cause Ry told her we were married. Once we made it in the den she turned and faced me,"I'm not tryna make you uncomfortable but I do know the history between you and my daughter and now it's different cause y'all are married. Not only that Kairi is getting older so she's starting to notice if there's an issue between y'all. All I'm saying is you and Ryan's problems are you and her problems not mines not your family's. Don't hurt my baby, I love you like the son I never had but at the end of the day I'm going to protect Ryan the best of my ability. Welcome to the family son." She pulled me into a hug, and I hugged her back. Once we walked back to the front of the house Ryan and Kairi were coming down the stairs, she walked right into my arms and I kissed her on the forehead. My arms were around her waist and I guess Kairi felt some type of way cause she blurted out,"Get off my daddy!" She pulled on my leg. Ryan laughed and looked at her,"no Kairi that's my daddy." When she said that Kairi burst out in tears. Ryan laughed and picked her up,"awe Kai it's okay. You can have him, okay?" Kairi wiped her tears and nodded her head.
We all headed up the stairs to Ryan's room, and sat on her bed. She grabbed her laptop from off the dresser,"We need to look at venues. And a few other things. Like what colors do you want the theme to be?" She asked looking at me,"Blue." I said wit a grin. She chuckled and shook her head as she nodded and typed in something. "Okay how about the bow on your tux be blue, and the bouquet of flowers be a bright blue? As well as the groomsmen and bridesmaids tuxes and dresses be blue?" I could visually picture it and I liked it, "that'll work."
We spent the rest of the morning wedding planning with the help of Kairi and Miss Simone.

-
Whew another filler lmao and I think this is the first chapter in just Dave's POV.