Theon Greyjoy X Reader - Téir Abhaile Riu

A/N - This imagine is based on the song 'Téir Abhaile Riu' by Celtic Woman. I hope you all enjoy it.

Being the 'black sheep' of your family had given you far more benefits than any other high-born woman, you were certain of it. You had freedom, where many others were kept tethered to their parent's homes waiting to be saved by a husband who would only tether them to a home of their own. But you were allowed to wander for weeks at a time, as long as you stayed out of trouble. In all honesty, it kept you out of your mother's hair and stopped you from leading your sisters astray. It was better for all of you if you stayed away and you had taken that little bit of freedom and ran with it, clinging to it like it would disappear as soon as it got the chance. 

You often found yourself riding for ports. They were always the most fun places to be, filled with sailors looking for excitement whilst they were ashore and traders with the finest of wares. The entire place was filled with an energy you had never seen elsewhere. 

In certain ports, the women knew you. There was a kindness there, a friendship of sorts which was spread by your generosity and eagerness for a good time. You'd buy drinks for everyone in an inn and watch as the cheer spread across the room as the ale was shared out. And in return, the women around you would keep you safe. They knew which men were trouble and which were simply looking to enjoy themselves with no ill will, and they steered you towards the right ones. 

The first time you had met Theon Greyjoy the women had all been giddy with excitement. A real Lord coming to visit them was a rarity, and not one they would pass up by any means. 

The moon was shining in an otherwise clear sky, lighting up the streets, and the air was cool, only a slightly biting chill rolling in off of the sea from time to time. One of the boys from the band had come up with the wise idea of taking everything outside and celebrating the beautiful night, and everyone else had followed along, enthused with the idea of change. You had gone along with them, despite the breeze leaving your skin prickling. 

You recognised Theon the moment you had seen him. Even the way he held himself showed you just how highly he thought of himself, and you had only seen such a look on the young Lord's you had been forced into meeting when you were barely of age. It seemed, he had noticed you too, a smirk on his lips as he watched you dancing with one of the children that had grown fond of you in the town, spinning her around in time to the music and smiling as she giggled with the thrill of it all.

He's made a beeline for you, his tongue running over his lips as he watched you having fun. As he approached, you'd continued to dance, only stopping when he tapped the child on the shoulder. "Do you mind if I step in?" he asked her softly, and she nodded eagerly, a smile spreading as she ran off into the crowd, still giddy from all of her spinning. Theon held a hand out for you, watching as you gave him a polite smile and took it, beginning to dance once more. "You don't belong here, do you?"

His words left you breathless for a moment, and you had to hide the anxious expression that attempted to cloud your face. "Neither do you," you answered as quickly as you could manage, twisting under his arm as he held it up for you. 

"And yet, we are both here." 

A snort escaped you then, and you shook your head. "What a strange coincidence," you stated, frowning when he slowed slightly, breathing rather heavily from the dancing. "Aren't you Lord's supposed to be incredible soldiers?"

"I am an incredible soldier," he stated, brow pulling together in annoyance."

You chuckled lightly, "and yet you can't keep up with a little dancing?"

"Aren't Ladies supposed to be polite?"

You laughed again, "Well, I'm not just any old Lady."

"No, you're Y/N Y/L/N, aren't you?"