Chapter 35

Jeremiah

Jeremiah

"Welcome home sir,"

The butler left the car door open for me to get down from it. Eight-twenty five PM. I knew I was going to be asked a lot of questions about my whereabouts. Father's instructions were clear, and he made it obvious when he kept Manuel in charge of making sure that they were strictly obeyed.

Good thing Manuel was in Australia on another errand for him. If Manuel, or any of his other snitches didn't give him any feedback, I was sure he was close to knowing nothing about what I did, or where I was. Maybe he did, and hadn't scolded me yet because I hadn't gone there yet. Gone to see her. Gone to the one place I was never allowed to. He had my class' curriculum and time table, so I'm sure he knew that my back home time should have been six-fifteen tops.

But that was the thing about my Dad. He never really talked about anything, until it bothered him. He never really talked to me at all. Let's just say we weren't exactly close. We didn't really have that father-son relationship he pushed so hard to have with Christian. Christian was father's favorite, and second in command, as far as the pubic knew, but that's not really how it was from this side.

It was more like father felt guilty about everything Christian had to go through as a child. For someone who had lost his mother at fifteen, and tried to commit suicide at sixteen, all because of father's mistake, me, being that mistake, he had become someone father wanted to make it up to, to take care of, especially since Christian's maternal grandparents and relatives were really powerful, and wanted their first grandson to live comfortably and at ease. They gave father a real hard time whenever they felt Christian was starting to get neglected.

Father must have felt the need to be the parent Christian had lost, and even more. And unlike the rest of us, unlike the rest of the world, Christian had grown to hate him, and lose all respect for him, to feel entitled to everything Dad had ever built, but at least he always tried to prove his worth to everyone, and to show us he deserved all of it.

Christian practically blamed father for ruining his life, and hated him just as much as he hated me. He wasn't trying to hide it at all, and father felt like he had a lot to make up for, as long as Christian was concerned, and so it looked like he could care less about the rest of us. Except Kodi of course. I had to be the last on his care list, I had to be at the very bottom, because he couldn't even care to call, or even text me, all through my banishment in the states. He didn't care about anything I did at all, as long as his company didn't get hit negatively by it.

"Welcome home sir." I noticed one of the maids trying to stop me from walking towards the stairs. She wanted my attention. I stopped walking, and then I turned to her, and watched her bow to me, to show her respect. "You have a guest upstairs, sir." She told me. I frowned.

A guest? I never had any guests, and especially not in my room. Just like you guessed, I'm an "all to myself" kind of a guy. I hate doing things that bother me. Things like being in a conversation, or doing things that didn't concern me. Talking to people I don't care about, letting people touch me, and walk into my personal space, and my room was the first on that list.