Chapter 27: {His story}

|What is broken can be mended. What hurts can be healed. And no matter how hard it gets, the sun will rise again.|

Nina's pov:

I turned to Adrian and he was looking at the ground. I couldn't tell whether he was still angry or not. I looked at his arm and there were small dots of blood on his bandage.

"Adrian?" I called out lowly. I knew he heard me since he sighed. I walked closer to him and cupped his face with my hand. I made him looked at me and the sight made my heart aches. His eyes were red and he was holding everything inside of him.

"Talk to me." I pleaded to him. He shakes his head no and turned away from me.

"You can go home if you want." He murmured slowly making his way to the broken glasses. He bends down and started to pick them. He was only able to take the big pieces and he put all of it on the table.

"Adrian, I'm not leaving you like this," I stated and he looked at me.

"Like what?" He asked sharply

"Alone." I replied knowing that he didn't want any pity, "you are not alone. I'm not leaving you, so please talk to me."

"It doesn't matter. I'm good." He said lowly.

"No, you're not." I said walking close to him, "Adrian, I'm your friend before anything else. You can talk to me. I'm here to help you, not to judge you. But you need to open up, you will feel better."

He was silent, he didn't talk, he didn't react. He just stands there like a statue.

"Just talk to me, Adrian," I said again. He looked at me and next thing I know, I was in his arms. He was hugging me tightly, his face buried in my neck. We stayed like this for a few minuted before he pulled away.

"Let's sit down and I'll tell you everything." He said and I nodded, happy that he was going to open up. We walked to the couch and we sat down.

"No, don't sit beside me. Just straddle me." He said and I frowned. He opened his arms and waited for me. I sighed and straddle him. He immediately wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"The lady who was here was my stepmother Olivia and the guy was my stepbrother, Matt. My mom died when I was three years old and dad married again so that I have a motherly figure. But what he didn't know was that my stepmother was a gold digger. She just wanted the money and everything that my dad owns. She wanted to give it to her son. During all these years, I had to look after myself since she only loved Matt. She took care of him and I was left alone. My dad wasn't even home and I would stay alone. Times passed by and I became more and more distant from them. Olivia's family hates me so whenever she had dinner or something, she would give me some pills that would make me sick and then I would stay home. I was fed up. When she left the house with dad, I felt really lonely but then I started to accept it. I owned it. Matt would deliberately kick me or punch me and then he would go near dad and said that I punch him. My dad was really severe. He thought I was the one who bullied Matt and he didn't hesitate to punch me. That where I learned to hide my pain. I never gave Matt the satisfaction to see me hurting." He explained and I felt my heart aches.

"Y-your father abuses you?" I asked afraid of the answer.

"Yeah, I never fight him though. I was hoping that someday he will love me again like when my mom was here but days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and now months turned into years." He sighed.

"Adrian, you are not alone. You have me, you can talk to me. And most importantly, you don't have to hide your pain from me. If you want to cry, you cry. No one will judge you. I know I won't." I said sincerely and he nodded.

"Thank you. I really thought you would give up on me." He said and I frowned.

"I promise I won't," I said and he smiled.

"Now, let me clean this up. You are bleeding." I said pointing at his arm and he nodded.

I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I knew he was following since I heard footsteps behind me. I grabbed a new bandage from the first aid box and turned to Adrian. He was waiting for me near the sink. I walked to him and grabbed his arm. I removed the old bandage and saw that the stitches were still good. There was only some blood leaking from the corner. I cleaned it up and put the other bandage on top.

"Done," I said and looked at him.

"Thank you." He said and I nodded.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"How about we watch some movie in my room?" He suggested and I nodded.

"Sure."

We made our way upstairs and I sat on his bed. He put on his tv, which was on the wall in front of us and choose a movie while I got comfortable in his bed.

"I'll be right back." He said and went back downstairs. I watched the movie, waiting for him to come up. After a few minutes, he walked back up with a bowl of popcorn and some other snacks.

"Why didn't you call me? I would have helped you." I said once I noticed that he carried all that alone.

"I'm good. Stop worrying." He rolled his eyes. He put all the snack in front of me and laid beside me. He wrapped one of his arms around my shoulder and pulled me to his side.

"This bed bring soo much memory." He smirked and I chuckled.

"Shut up." I murmured as I reached to grab some popcorns.

"We can make more if you want." He teased and I lightly hit him on his stomach with my elbow.

"You know I can't wait for much time long." He said and I looked up at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I know we are taking things slowly but I need you. I want you just for myself. So Nina, will you be my girlfriend? Like officially. No more hidden kisses, no more hidden hug, no more hidden cuddles." He said and I smiled.

"I thought I was already your girlfriend." I teased and he smiled. He cupped my face with one of his hand and kissed me hard.

That's all I needed...

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah.