Chapter 34

||Adriana's POV||

The next morning, I shot Gabe a text asking if his petty games were over and he acted as If I was crazy and made the situation up.

Can someone say unbelievable.

He pulled off too quickly last night that I ended up forgetting my bag in his car. Now he has to drive all the way over here to bring it to me because I'd be dammed If Im getting on the bus at this hour.

Climbing out of bed, I slip into my childish slippers that I've had for some years now.

They're comfortable so I don't plan on throwing them out. Plus I have pretty small feet so I'm not surprised I can still fit them.

Making my way into the bathroom, I stare into the mirror, grabbing at my face so that my eyes look dramatically stretched. I know im not the only one who stares at my self and thinks "wow, this is really me. This is my face." And if I am, then you're the crazy one, trust me.

I decided on taking a bath since the house was quiet and peaceful, only because Joaquín's was still asleep of course.

After going through almost every song in my playlist, I get out, looking like a raisin, and brush my teeth. I wrap my body in a towel around and step back into the room.

I decided to do my hair in a big croissant bun before throwing on some black leggings & a t-shirt.

I threw some waffles into the toaster while I straightened up the kitchen a little.

If you know me then you know I love Jerry Springer. The show is hilarious.

"So you cheated on him with his best friend, cousin, and uncle within the last three weeks and he doesn't know? Well now he does, come on out mike!" Jerry voice spills through the speaker as my waffles surprises me with a loud pop up.

I need a lot of butter on my waffles and pancakes. It's literally a must.

Joaquín came out the room and immediately I got worried.

His skin was more pale than usual, his under eye looked tanner and his aura was off.

"My stomach hurts." He spoke, climbing into a chair.

"Are you hungry?" I pass over my plate of waffles without getting a response.

Instead of answering, he just digs right in.

"No syrup today?" I fake a shocking expression, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Not today."

His energy was definitely down. He's not his usual bubbly self.

"Do you feel sick?" I question the obvious.

"I think so but I don't know why. I ate some pizza rolls last night and I felt fine then." He picks at the remainder of his waffles.

"What's hurting exactly?" I asking, pulling a chair over next to him.

"Mostly my stomach. And my head." He rubs his arms as I see goosebumps appear on his arms. "Can you turn the heat up?"

"Sure." I walk over to the thermostat. "70 degrees" I say under my breath before rising it to 75.

He shouldn't be cold.

I grab the thermometer from the kitchen drawer to check his temperature.

"99 degrees! Your burning up." I say, placing the back of my hand on his forehead.

He doesn't say anything. He just stares.

"Joaquín..." My eyes widen.

"I'm so sorry." He wipes his mouth with his hand.

"No no its okay." I try to remain calm.

With a pile of throw up on your lap it's extremely hard.

"I didn't know it just came out of no where." His lip trembles.

"Aw Joaquín It's okay. Really." I rub his back. "Go lay down in the room. I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay."

Once he's in the room, I take a deep breath and look over my shoulder as I swipe the throw up off my legs.

I begin to gag myself. If I had a weak stomach I wouldn't have survived this.

"Adriana!" Joaquín weak voice spills from the bedroom.

"One second!" I said, rushing over to the sink to wash my hands and grab a bag from the cabinet.

"Yes?" I ask, passing him the bag just in case.

"Do you think tea will make my stomach feel better?"

"Maybe. I'll make you some after I get out the shower okay?"

"Okay."

I walk stiffly over to my drawer to find a pair a shorts and a tank top.

Well that bath went to waste.

After I showered, I texted Gabriel to let him know that I wouldn't be able to attend work today and tomorrow in order to care for Joaquín.

He was totally okay with it, which he really had no choice but to be since I was staying home regardless of him saying I could.

I sat my phone down on the counter, placing a pot of water on for Joaquín's tea.

I won't be having any, beings though the house is boiling in my opinion.

When I turn to look at the Tv, I see the camera guy chasing after some girl. The guy did about two backflips before jumping up and down excitedly. I think we all know what happened.

I turn the pot off, poring some of the somewhat hot water into his mug before adding the tea pack and sugar.

If you don't put sugar in your tea then you're literally insane.

Once I got into the room, I seen Joaquín turned to his side.

"Joaquín you asleep?" I walk over to the bed side, sitting his mug on the night stand.

When I hear a light snore, I answer my own question. He must really be exhausted. The bag I gave him to spit up in was empty which was a good sign right? Maybe not since he literally threw his breakfast right back up.

I decided to leave the tea on the nightstand in case he woke back up looking for it. Everybody knows when you drink something out of your sleep it's literally one of the best feelings.

Gabriel texted me to let me know he would drop my bag off after he left from work.

To keep myself busy, I cleaned the bathroom and straightened up our room, being careful not to wake Joaquín. 

This was gonna be such a boring day without my favorite person.

——————————————
Hey Guys Its January 1st 2020! I decided to give you guys an update because y'all DEFINITELY DESERVE IT!
Excuse any spelling errors.
Word Count : 1089
- Ro ❤️