15.

The door opened and revealed Sawyer. He stood there with his eyes planted on Jersey who answered to his knock. She was a beautiful sight to see-In his opinion. She was covered in a sweatshirt with some sweatpants. Still, she managed to look good in her casual fit. Her short hair was moisturized and defined with big, spiral curls that seemed to frame her gorgeous, brown skin.

"Damn..." Sawyer cursed under his breath. He had witnessed a lot of beauties in Brooklyn, but Jersey was rare. She was different to him-her beauty was just unmatched. She was tall with a slim built. She had unique features like her oval shaped face, cartoony-brown eyes, dark, heart-shaped lips, a wide nose, large ears that protruded a little, and deep dimples that sunk in both sides of her cheeks.

Suddenly, Kelli raised up from the couch and made her way over. She stood beside her friend, looking like a beauty as well. She stood there with her colored weave pulled into a bun. Kelli had a small, narrow nose with pouty, thick lips and a full face. Her caramel skin was blessed with a tattoo that sat on her wrist. It said-Robenne-her mother's name with a small heart.

Sawyer could sense a big difference between the two women just by their looks. Kelli was the wild one, while Jersey was the laidback. Kelli looked as if she loved going to parties and turning up as if she was the only person in the room whilst Jersey looked as if she was more of a stand-offish person who liked to observe the scene before making any moves.

"So, you're Sawyer?" Kelli questioned him nosily. She made sure to examine the guy thoroughly. He was a handsome dude-long, neat dreads, beautiful skin, nice height and body. He had a baby-face, which had her questioning his age.

"The one and only, baby." Sawyer replied while spreading his arms.

"Cocky, much?" Kelli asked while raising her eyebrows.

"Nah, I'm just letting you know. I'm the one and only." Sawyer replied coolly. "I'm far from cocky."

"Uh, this is my best friend-Kelli." Jersey interjected, wanting to change the subject.

"Nice to meet you."

Kelli pursed her lips and said, "Mm-hmm...so let me ask you this, Sawyer? How old are you?"

Silence fell upon them as they looked at each other. Jersey stared at Sawyer attentively, as if she would miss him stating his age. She waited patiently for him to say something, but she knew he was going to respond with some bullshit when he leaned his head to the side and sucked his teeth.

"I'm nineteen." Sawyer replied, feeling some kind of way. He didn't like exposing his age to people.

"Nineteen?" Kelli reiterated while gaping her mouth. She glanced over at Jersey who wore a slight frown on her face. "Bitch, you knew?"

"No, I-I didn't." Jersey countered while looking at Sawyer. "Why didn't you tell me you were nineteen?"

"I didn't think the shit would matter." Sawyer remarked. "Why you tripping? I'm still older than you."

The girls looked at each other in suspense and Kelli couldn't help but to laugh. She pissed Sawyer off and she could tell he was upset by the way his face softly flushed. His tan skin couldn't hide his feelings at all.

"Actually, I'm older than you." Jersey informed him. "I'm twenty-two."

Sawyer couldn't believe his eyes. All this time he thought that Jersey was younger than him. Judging from her youthful face and physique, he assumed she was at least seventeen or eighteen.

"Shit..." Sawyer trailed off. "Is it gone' be a problem with us?"

"I mean-"

"Hell yeah." Kelli interjected her girl with a head nod. "You cannot date a child, Jersey."