Chapter 53

Camila's POV

"And nothin' isn't going!", George scowls at Ace.

What?

"Shut the fuck up, George!", Ace barks. I have no idea what is going on, I'm so confused on why they're picking an argument, I know they bicker but it's been like two seconds since they entered the room.

"You shut up!", Brad joins in scowling at Ace but appears more calm than Ace and George.

"Boys! Stop this, I've had enough of all the arguing!", their mother snaps. All three of them look down after being scolded by their mother. They were worse when they were younger, arguing with each other constantly, being troublemakers at school, it got worse when their father died but as they grew up it died down. This is the first time in god knows how long since I've seen them all angry at each other and I have no idea why. 

Poor Lillian.

"Fucking dickhead", George says under his breath.

"Oh, fuck off!", Ace barks balling his fists.

"Stop! get out my kitchen if you want to fight because I'm not having it!", Lillian warns. The boys stay quiet as Lillian begins taking out pots and pans to make food.

"Would you like some help?", I ask softly moving closer to her.

"Yes, that would be lovely thank you", She smiles widely at me and I smile back. The air in here is awkward. I'm hoping talking to Lillian will ease the tension but I highly doubt it, these boys need to stop especially in front of their sweet mother, she's been through so much.

"What would you like to cook?", She enthuses.

"I miss your Apple pies", I smile. Before Robert, her husband died she would make a pie every Friday because he loved her baking more importantly her pies, sometimes she would get Ace to bring around a pie for my mother, It all stopped when he died.

"We'll make pie", she nods as her face lights up.

"I'm going home, Ma", George says giving his mother a kiss on the head.

"Okay sweetie, love you", her attention turns back to me. She takes the ingredients from the refrigerator and the cupboards. When I turn around to check on Ace he's no longer in the kitchen, Brad is no where to be seen either.

Where'd they go?

****

Lillian and I have made the pie, we've ate most of it and now we're talking while drinking a cup of coffee, we've also raided the candy drawer.

I love her, she's so sweet.

"Did you know, Ace would come home from school and sit there...", she points to the single couch and the coffee table, "with his father and work on puzzles for hours, they loved it. George and Brad never wanted to join in so they made it their thing", She smiles at the loving memory.

"He was a great dad", I smile. I remember Robert only enough to know he was the best father in the world, he would never pull something my father did.