Chapter Twenty Four

My hair is curled and my maids are allowing it to hangs down so it reaches halfway down my back. My makeup has been done very beautifully with a smoky eye that contains a dark shade of purple. The dress is the same one my mother wore. (The description in the book didn't elaborate on colors so I'm making up mine.) Pink and Purple swirl together to make an elegant pattern that outlined with black. I also have a mask that resembles the wings of a butterfly.

"You look beautiful in that," my mother says from behind me. I turn around to face her. She is dressed and ancient Greeks woman. Her hair is pinned up but a few pieces are looses so they can frame her face. She has on a long robe that is white at the top but begins to turn purple as it approaches the floor. She has on a gold headband, necklace, and sandals.

"Mother, you look beautiful, too," I say. She laughs and gives me a hug.

"It seems like just yesterday I was in that dress. Although if we're being honest, I looked better in it than you," she says. I gasp and smack her arm. "I'm kidding, Celia. Come on. I think Astra wanted to find you before we have to go down to the party," my mom says. We walk down the hall to Astra's bedroom. My mom leaves an goes further down the hall.

When I knock on the door, Astra opens it Nashe has on a sea green, my favorite color, dress that poofs out at the bottom. Her hair is pulled up in a tight knot on her hair like I always wear mine. Her makeup is done like mine normally is. She is like a mirror image of me. My cousin went as me for Halloween.

"You dresses as me for Halloween?" I ask. She nods and I roll my eyes.

"What do you think?" she asks. I laugh and start walking down the hall. Astra follows behind me.

"Next year you should dress like Charles," I state. She laughs and we walk arm in arm down to the steps that lead to the great hall.

"Well, I'll see you later. Enjoy your special entrance," Astra says. "Don't fall!" she yells behind her. I roll my eyes and wait for my name to be announced downstairs. When I hear it, I walk down the stairs and embrace the applause waiting for me below.

I walk around and greet people. I know. Then, I get to Flynn who looks uncomfortable next to a man, woman, and a young boy. Flynn smiles when he sees me approach.

I stop, though, when I see his costume. He has on a black suit and a blood red vest. He has on black leather pants that cover the top of black boots. He has a hook on his right hand and lots of jewelry on. (He is dressed like Hook from Once Upon A Time) (Another A/N: You all asked for him to be dressed as a pirate so you received.)

"Celia, I would like to introduce you to my family," Flynn says as he shoots up.

"Hello," I say. I smile warmly and wave.

"This is my mother, father, and younger brother. My other brother and sister weren't able to come," he says. His mother is a middle-aged woman with brown eyes and brown hair. The father has blue eyes and light brown hair. And his brother looks like a younger version of Flynn.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," I state. We hold a conversation for a few minutes until I drift off. I finish talking to everyone's families. Then, the dancing starts. Flynn is the first to ask me to dance.

"You should have invited Sam," I state. Flynn has an uncomfortable look on his face.

"Um, Sam wouldn't have come. I haven't been able to get in touch with Sam since their family moved, anyways," Flynn explains. His eyes drift to other parts of the room, away from mine.

"Well, I would love to meet him if you ever found him," I say. Flynn nods and gives me an odd smile.

"Of course," he says. When the song is over, we part ways and a whole new crowd of people are waiting to dance with me.
This is Halloween part 1! I really wanted to get this update out for you so I'm splitting Halloween into two chapters. And only one of you have figured out who Sam is... Please comment and vote!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.