xiv. a many splendored-thing

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕛𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕪 𝕓𝕪 𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕤 𝕕𝕒𝕪

MARTY STEPPED over to the bedroom door in the middle of the night while him and Amanda were meant to be sleeping before waking up tomorrow to head towards the high school with Doc. He raised his hand up to gently push the door being met with her seeming to already have been up as well. Amanda looked to him surprised and lifted herself out of the sheets to look at him confused. "Why are you still up?"

"I can't sleep," Marty admitted. Making his way over to sit at the foot of the bed, she only crossed her legs to await him explaining why he was here by the troubled look he had in his eyes. "You're still up."

"Since you could've almost got shot along with—" Amanda stopped and tucked her knees in over having to relieve it by even mentioning the event. "But we'll be fine. You should get back to bed."

Watching her avoid admitting she was scared of everything going on just as much as he was, Marty played with the ends of the blanket in worry. "Can I sleep in your room tonight?"

"You always take the floor and I always end up feeling bad. Just sleep in your room, okay? Everything will work itself out tomorrow," She assured him with a soft smile.

Wanting to ask something else, Marty only nodded over her words and leaned out to hold her hand tightly. Her eyes gazed down to their hands intertwined in surprise over her own emotions she'd been questioning that were put on hold since this mess occurred for them. The boy before her, however, was only continuously being fueled by his sentimentality the more danger they were put in. "Same goes for you. Don't try to hold everything in, okay?" Amanda smiled over this and nodded as he kissed the back of her hand tenderly before leaving out the room again.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

NEEDING TO GET RID of their futuristic garment according to the Doc, Amanda huffed in annoyance at the mirror as Marty chuckled under his breath at the sight of her. Shoving his hands in his pockets he stood next to her to have Amanda look to his attire as well that suited him more so than hers. He played with the end of her hair tied up into a ponytail with a pink ribbon to have her pout to him through the mirror. "I don't think I've seen you in a skirt that goes past your knees."

Rolling her eyes at this she shoved him aside over the comment. "Debbie Harry would never. I'm leaving the punk 70's past behind and rolling with a Doris Day look after all this is settled." The statement sent Marty rolling and she couldn't help to find it contagious, laughing along with him. Thinking to herself she held the cardigan close. "You sleep alright after last night?"

He brushed it off, the two of them looking to see Doc trying to hurry along from outside of the shop. "Just promise you'll be the smart one out of us two and actually fix my mistake."

Frowning over him giving himself a hard time she attempted to remain level-headed for his sake. "Marty, you don't screw things up. Curiosity has a way of getting to the best of people," Amanda explained. He eyed her for a moment, giving his friend a side smile as he softened his gaze.

Marty knew she meant every word, despite still feeling stupid for screwing up in the first place. It was hard being friends with a person who was rational, but it also kept him aware that he was making someone worry about what was going on in his head. Especially Amanda who could've just been as worried if not more and too headstrong to admit it. "You're smart, Amy. You can see your parent and not manage to make yourself disappear apparently from the catastrophe of it all. I'm not being self-depreciating, just honest."