» 01 «

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER ONE
ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER ONE• ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

A/N: jimin has orange hair in this story, but he just looks so fine in this gif so i had to use it 🥰

Elias closes his eyes as he listens to the melody coming from the piano. Your fingers move swiftly over the black and white keys as you carefully watch your movements, scared to mess up.

But like always, you did.

Your father groans in frustration, "It goes b-flat then f-sharp. Do I have to teach you again?"

"I've got it." You answer, eyes fixated on the ivory keys.

"Really? Because it doesn't seem like you do."

"Honey," Your mother interrupts, walking into the living room. "Let Y/N take a break. You've been making her play since 7 pm. It's eleven now."

"Malia, this is none of your business," He turns to you. "But if you don't want to get better, fine by me. Take your stupid break."

Elias gets up from the chair beside the piano and leaves the living room. You put down the fallboard over the keys and stand up from the bench, ass sore from all the hours sitting.

"Don't mind your dad, sweetie."

You give your mother a weak smile then excuse yourself,  exiting the house and walking outside to the backyard. You sit on one of the cushioned chairs and lean forward, elbows digging into your knees as your hands cover your face.

As much as you tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from your throat in the form of a silent scream. The world turned into a blur as pearl-shaped tears fall down one after another without a sign of stopping.

You want to scream in anger, but the muffled sobs pain against your chest. The only thing you can do is cry silently to yourself, something you've grown accustomed to.

The chime from your phone catches your attention and you wipe away your tears, taking the phone out of your pocket and clicking on the message. It's a simple text from your boyfriend that reads 'come over?'

You walk back inside to tell your mom you're going to visit your boyfriend to which she'll definitely answer with a careless 'okay.' Even though it was late and a school night, your mother loved Byungho.

Yes, he's older, but he gained your mother's love by bringing her gifts, little foods here and there, and overall being sweet.

"Byungho asked if I could go over."

Malia stays facing the TV, "Okay, sweetie. Be home before twelve though."

You grab your car keys from the key holder and make your way outside, leaving all your worries behind in that quintessential house.