Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"What was that?" Night turned around and looked around.

"What's what?" Stealth asked.

Then there was a sound of bushes being pushed around.

Everyone readied their weapons and turned to the source of sound.

"Who's that? Come out now!" Stardust called.

Destiny raised her hand and everyone freeze. She spread her senses out and tried to sense whoever was spying or hiding. She snapped opened her eyes and steadied her bow and arrow. Slowly, she inched towards the source. She then said, "Stay here and secure the area. I'll be back soon." The rest of the Phoenix nodded and she leaped into the bushes thus running into the forest and out of the clearing.

Ark, Skylar, Flakes and Leon jumped onto trees while the rest surrounded the campsite.

"What do you think caused that sound?" Stealth questioned.

"Maybe a beast?" Leon said.

"But why does Ashley have to check it out herself?" Olive threw another question out.

"Why don't we wait for her to return then ask?" Ark said.

Everyone nodded.

Then, Destiny flashed back into the campsite, "John, come with me."

Leon ran towards Destiny and they both flashed out.

Soon, they flashed back in with an unconscious man in their hands. They lowered him down on a bed of leaves which Olive had created under command and Leon and Flakes started to heal him.

"Who is he?" Ark asked.

"Perseus Jackson. He's badly injured. I found him unconscious and monster dust everywhere. He must have been fighting like a beast." Destiny sighed.

"You know anything about this?" Ark questioned again.

Destiny nodded, "His destiny was the clearest one I have ever saw. I cannot imagine what had actually happened."

Ark nodded and went off to help the two sons of Apollo.

"Phoenix, listen up. We'll camp here for today. Night, Skylar, Stardust, build a border around camp, I don't want any intrusions. Olive, prepare supper. Lucas, Cole, Elliot, finish building the tents. Make an extra one for our guest. I'm going to scout around." After she left, everyone broke into their groups and started work.

"Hey Daniel, is Ashley okay?" Lucian asked.

Ark nodded ad he worked on the unconscious Perseus in front of him, "She just need some air."

At the other side, the gods were arguing. This time is a little different though. They were in two groups arguing about one thing. Nobody noticed the small figure at a corner of the throne room.

Hestia did though.

She secretly made as hand gesture at the figure and walked out of the room.

The figure turns out to be Destiny. No surprises there.

"What are you doing here? If the gods find you in there, you'll need Nyx to save you." Hestia said seriously.

"What happened to Perseus? What made him leave camp?" Destiny ignored here patron's question.

"That is up to Perseus to tell. If he doesn't want to tell then it's his decision. Go back to your camp and keep Perseus for as long as he wants. Keep him safe my child." Hestia said gently. Destiny nodded and flashed away.

She then continued on scouting the area.

Occasionally she would spot a monster and took a few seconds to kill it. She had a feeling that what happened to Perseus was far more worse then what she saw in her visions of his destiny.

Once she was back to her camp, she noticed that everyone had finished their duties and are waiting for her return to have supper.

"Hey guys," Destiny started as they dug into their supper, "I saw Hestia just now. We are to give Perseus a place in our camp and keep him for as long as he wants. She wants us to keep him safe. Safe from what I don't know but these are the word of our patron."

Ark asked, "Did she say why?"

"No. She said it was up to Perseus to decide whether or not he wants to tell."

"You saw, didn't you?" Stardust asked.

"Yes." And the conversation ended just like that.

At the end of supper, "Guys, tomorrow, we'll go straight back to base. With another powerful demigod in our midst, it's safer that way. We can take a break then. Have some rest, it's gonna be a long day tomorrow. Good night." Destiny smiled at her friends.

A/N:
Here's the fourth chapter.
Enjoy ^_^
Comment what you think... ∩__∩

10/11/2014